Good God that's a beautiful bike!

I only buy, I never sell. 😉
Realistically, I should pare them down, I don't ride like I used to especially not cross country. But for me, it's like choosing which one of your children to get rid of, ya know? And they've all gotten older, it's not like there is much money tied up any more.
It's easier to collect bikes than cars due to space requirements, and bikes don't rust away as quickly as cars too, so collecting bikes isn't a bad option.
Since I became a collector of one rather than many, I experienced a new phenomenon......... it's called REGRET.
I must stop looking at photographs of love lost. It's fueling my regret....

Here's one of my winter projects from about 23 years ago.......

First the before shot (taken in 1999)........

MotoGuzzi-Quota1100ES_02.jpg

Then here, the after shot (taken in 2000)..........
I rode that bike all around Scotland, and toured Holland, Germany and Italy.
Lot's of great memories.

MotoGuzzi-Quota1100ES_01.jpg

I sold it in 2007 and the guy who bought it from me contacted me by email ten years later to ask me if I would like to buy it back before he advertised it. (He was giving up riding due to health).
I said no at the time, for various reasons........double regret. Not good..

After I'd moved all my bikes south, I still went back for one last summer in NY, my buddy Guzzi Dan lent me his Quota for the summer, it's a good thing I have long legs. 😉 Someone had replaced the 1100 with an older 800, I think it was, so it was a nice bike, but didn't have much power.

After I'd moved all my bikes south, I still went back for one last summer in NY, my buddy Guzzi Dan lent me his Quota for the summer, it's a good thing I have long legs. 😉 Someone had replaced the 1100 with an older 800, I think it was, so it was a nice bike, but didn't have much power.
I got my Quota set up on a rolling road via a Dynojet mapping 'thingy' (sorry..bad memory). K&N air filter and a better flowing exhaust system, she ran nice.
The stock bike, at least here in Europe, had a problem with running weak in the rev range where you want to run the engine at (due to noise/emissions I guess). The tuning made it the bike what it wanted to be.
It was a nice mountain tourer. Maybe not as plush as a GS, but slimmer and more characterful to ride, IMHO. Definitely more rare. I think there were less than one hundred 1100ES's imported into the UK. They were a rare bike globally I reckon........and I modified it all over. There goes the investment value, lol....

Last edited:
Alright, I will jump in and Kevin will get excited too.
This is the 07 Classic that I picked up from Kevin a while back. Belonged to 1K9 previously. I have thoroughly enjoyed Two-Tone. Just sold it to a great friend that has never owned a Rocket. He is picking her up Wednesday. I made a fast track trip to Dallas a few weeks ago and grabbed the 2017 Carpenter Roadster that @Hubguru had for sale. Finally made it to the 200+ club!

Attachments

• IMG_20230923_135004.jpg
    IMG_20230923_135004.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20230923_135700.jpg
    IMG_20230923_135700.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 15
Back