I have a 200 Avon Cobra on the back, if you just want a wider tire. You have to mount it, the deflate it to get it on, then reinflate it. Just fits, nothing has ever rubbed.
My buddy's cousin's brother in law put a car tire on his bike once, his wife left him, his dog ran away, he got shingles, and his transmission exploded, so I'm kind of afraid to try it.
Lol

I just had to take off the DS tire that was on my Classic. It wouldn't hold a line through a curve, and when I got over 100 it started weaving really fast, like it was about to start a tank slapper. Gave it a shot, didn't like it. :thumbsdown:
Next time - don't put it on the front.

I've seen a lot and read a lot regarding going to the Dark Side. The one thing I don't see anywhere is what the expected range of the tire. A motorcycle tire gets 8K - 16K km (5K - 10K miles) depending on where you ride (road temp, etc.). What kind of mileage do you get from a car tire as the rear of the bike? Is it the same, a little more, a lot more? Aside from better traction on wet roads, what are the benefits and what is the expected mileage? If I have to change it out at the same interval why would I bother? Aside from the fact that it's half the price...

I've seen a lot and read a lot regarding going to the Dark Side. The one thing I don't see anywhere is what the expected range of the tire. A motorcycle tire gets 8K - 16K km (5K - 10K miles) depending on where you ride (road temp, etc.). What kind of mileage do you get from a car tire as the rear of the bike? Is it the same, a little more, a lot more? Aside from better traction on wet roads, what are the benefits and what is the expected mileage? If I have to change it out at the same interval why would I bother? Aside from the fact that it's half the price...
Increased mileage is the strongest argument to run a CT. I currently have 8000 miles on my Yokohama Envigor and it still looks new. The downside is that over 100mph the bike starts to weave uncontrollably. My temporary solution is to not ride that fast. Whenever I can afford it I'll be putting an Excedra Max on the rear.

Just ordered and new Parelli 205/60-16 tire. Putting it on my 2008 touring. Anyone have experience with it? I’m mostly doing it because now that i have done some mods I can’t keep from burning the back tire. Hopefully the car tire gets more traction? What you guys think???

You'll never go back. I useua Bridgestone run flat so, if it loses air it stays up. Its sidewalls are much like a motorcycle tire. I had a regular tire that went flat and it was nearly impossible to steer the bike. I think you'll be happy with the results. Welcome to the"Darksiders".

Back