The other is not having to source a tyre half way through a trip in another country where you don't speak the language. You know - Glasgow or worse still Geordie country.

The West Country is worse still - they only have a limited knowledge of tyres
West Country Bike tyre.png

The other is not having to source a tyre half way through a trip in another country where you don't speak the language. You know - Glasgow or worse still Geordie country.

As MrDunlop invented the pneumatic tyre in Scotland all tyres therefore speak with a Scottish accent, now the Geordies no matter where you go in the World you will never find anyone better than a Geordie (unless you travel North a wee bit)
One thing about the Scots and the Geordies and please call them Geordies as my old pal from the Army used to say he was a Geordie before he was English, both have kept their individuality through out the years

I just had to take off the DS tire that was on my Classic. It wouldn't hold a line through a curve, and when I got over 100 it started weaving really fast, like it was about to start a tank slapper. Gave it a shot, didn't like it. :thumbsdown:

Just ordered and new Parelli 205/60-16 tire. Putting it on my 2008 touring. Anyone have experience with it? I’m mostly doing it because now that i have done some mods I can’t keep from burning the back tire. Hopefully the car tire gets more traction? What you guys think???
I have a 200 Avon Cobra on the back, if you just want a wider tire. You have to mount it, the deflate it to get it on, then reinflate it. Just fits, nothing has ever rubbed.
My buddy's cousin's brother in law put a car tire on his bike once, his wife left him, his dog ran away, he got shingles, and his transmission exploded, so I'm kind of afraid to try it.

I just had to take off the DS tire that was on my Classic. It wouldn't hold a line through a curve, and when I got over 100 it started weaving really fast, like it was about to start a tank slapper. Gave it a shot, didn't like it. :thumbsdown:
YEP never rode a bike with a DS tire that handled good so no surpise Ill spend the extra bucks for a REAL tire

Back