baadactor

Supercharged
Ride
'05 Rocket 3
I've been poking around the albums, and **** there's some fine bikes. I just came across some ghost brackets for the Triumph leather bags...

They are hooligan67's set-up. Does anyone know where to find these? I have the leather bags on my bike, and those look just the ticket! Thanks!

Last edited:
I had the Ghost Brackets and Easy Brackets. I preferred the Easy because they weren't adjustable- they fit the Rocket. The Ghost Brackets are adjustable, which is NOT an advantage.

I bought them a bit cheaper on ebay with the edge saddlebags. They are adjusted with round head bolts to match the pins in the fender so the bags then don't sit flat against the brackets. I welded the brackets and took out the bolts so the bags would sit flat. Also, even with a lot of time spent trying to get the brackets as tight as I could on the pins, they still ended up way looser than I would have liked. You can lift the bags up and they will "rattle around" - am now looking at mounting a small bracket to the rear dresser bars.

Thanks, TRath! That < 1 minute change is gonna be perfect.

But.... maybe they're not as perfect as would first appear. Everythings a compromise, right? I like the convenience of the bags, but really like the neked look.

Last edited:
I had the Ghost Brackets and Easy Brackets. I preferred the Easy because they weren't adjustable- they fit the Rocket. The Ghost Brackets are adjustable, which is NOT an advantage.
Doug, you beat me to it. I bought the Ghost because they come from Edge and I combined the brackets with the bag purchase (and freight to Aus). Without taking out the bolts/welding the brackets, adding another bracket to stop the bags flopping around I wouldn't like to put much weight in the bags. The edge bags are first class!!

Thanks, TRath! That < 1 minute change is gonna be perfect.

But.... maybe they're not as perfect as would first appear. Everythings a compromise, right? I like the convenience of the bags, but really like the neked look.
Everything is a compromise - and they certainly look better when they are off the bike:)

The adjusting bolt on the Ghost bracket has to go through the bag. To do this, you have to undo the original adjustment. When Easy Brackets became available for the Rocket, I got them. They will fit on any bag. Unfortunately, my Triumph bags with the Easy Brackets were stolen out of my garage and I replaced them with K-Drives.

Last edited:
Speaking of K-Drives, the clamp/lock on saddlebags could very easily attach to the Triumph Rocket Saddlebags and connect to mount attachments... anybody know where to get 'just' the clamp/lock pieces? This would bring in the saddlebags closer to the bike, rather than almost 2" out with the EasyBrackets!

Attachments

• K-Drive(c).jpg
    K-Drive(c).jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 72
  • LeatherLyke(d).jpg
    LeatherLyke(d).jpg
    61 KB · Views: 62
Back