Easy brackets on kriega saddlebags!!

REBLX136

Supercharged
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 R 15 Rocket Roadster
So probably a brain fart but worth a shot I think, I’ve got a set of Kriega saddle bags but dislike the throw over style fitment and I’m thinking of mounting them to easy brackets by way of a aerograde alloy stiffener inserted inside the bag, now correct if I’m wrong but providing that I put the bracket and stiffener into adequate compression the bag shouldn’t experience and shear force at the fabric!!!!! I’ve over thought this to the point of paralysis hence the post!!!

Someone kick me in the *****would ya.

Attachments

• F8505CA9-C32D-48B2-B3E2-6973706A7A6C.jpeg
    F8505CA9-C32D-48B2-B3E2-6973706A7A6C.jpeg
    29.5 KB · Views: 8
JMHO -
Easy Brackets are a great product I have used for over 14 years.
For me, they provide the opportunity to just run bags when I travel.
That said, I feel those you have chosen are too small, too soft and likely to be adversly affected by wind and turbulence.
If ya need to travel, big and firm is best.
Just my 2 Bolivars worth . . .

JMHO -
Easy Brackets are a great product I have used for over 14 years.
For me, they provide the opportunity to just run bags when I travel.
That said, I feel those you have chosen are too small, too soft and likely to be adversly affected by wind and turbulence.
If ya need to travel, big and firm is best.
Just my 2 Bolivars worth . . .
I have run easy brackets on all
My previous bikes too but mated to hard bags, like you I prefer to ditch the bags when not required, unfortunalty im yet to see any hard bags that I like the look of with the Roadster. these kriega bags I inherited from a mate and was looking at options. I’ve used kriega gear in the past but mostly as top bags but found them to be extremely robust hence the thinking.

These were supposed to be Leatherlyke, paid 50 bucks with shipping from California. He paid 35 for shipping. They are kinda small, but big enough until I put on the Triumph bags a friend donated

Attachments

• 20180825_101349.jpg
    20180825_101349.jpg
    583.9 KB · Views: 9
Well 40mins of boredom in work won out, mounted to the bracket just for the hell of it, like I said these were inherited so it didn’t cost me anything but time and to be fair the results are better than expected, rock solid and once filled and strapped will not move at all, time will tell but I don’t have any real concerns and for me they look better than leather.

Attachments

• 2D128CD6-71A0-4C27-B5AC-F9ACAAE90D6B.jpeg
    2D128CD6-71A0-4C27-B5AC-F9ACAAE90D6B.jpeg
    326.6 KB · Views: 9
Samsonite? Just pulling your leg brother, for they look great. The color is a perfect match for your matt black paint. When we were young, a buddy's O'l Lady bought him saddle bags that looked just like luggage. We gave him a hard time on the side. I thought you would have something like that. Far from it. Looks good

Back