BigNorm

Boobie Inspector
Ride
2014 Rocket 3 Touring
Does anyone know where I can get some windshield hardware? I want to make some lower wind gaurds that mount on the stock crash bars out of plexiglass. It's starting to get chilly here in the morning.

And you have the R3T, which should have come with lower deflectors.

And if you have those, and are looking for more, @Boog put some canvass covers over the opening in the engine guards -- might be easier than trying to fabricate something -- but then -- sometimes the play is more fun than having the part installed.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. What I would like is a source for the hardware that comes with universal windshields. My thought is to cut out a 1/8" piece of plexiglass and attach it to the crash bar (I hate the term"crash bar"). I want to overlap the radiator cover slightly and angle to to the outer edge of the crash bar. I figure 4 of those brackets with the chrome rod that slides in the swivel would allow me to adjust it exactly how I want it. I remember buying a windshield with these brackets long ago when I had a Vulcan 800.

Or 'Tip-over Bars' as used by many on this forum as they will not save much in a crash but will save many, many $ in a gentle tip-over: car-park mishap; loss of balance while mounting; hitting an off camber bump while pushing; engine 'splutter', miss-fire or stall while doing a low speed uphill off camber turn etc.

I have cause to thank mine for two of those already :oops::rolleyes::D

Or 'Tip-over Bars' as used by many on this forum as they will not save much in a crash but will save many, many $ in a gentle tip-over: car-park mishap; loss of balance while mounting; hitting an off camber bump while pushing; engine 'splutter', miss-fire or stall while doing a low speed uphill off camber turn etc.

I have cause to thank mine for two of those already :oops::rolleyes::D
If you tip over to the left WITHOUT engine bars you will risk smashing the engine casing where the gear shift shaft comes out - this happened to another member and could not be repaired and engine halves needed to be replaced as they are a matched set.

If you tip over to the left WITHOUT engine bars you will risk smashing the engine casing where the gear shift shaft comes out - this happened to another member and could not be repaired and engine halves needed to be replaced as they are a matched set.

AMEN! AMEN! :thumbsup:

Back