LakeDrunk

Where's the Beer?
Ride
2005 Rocket III
I'm somewhat new here. I almost bought a turbo rocket touring model a year or so ago and came here to learn a little about the Rocket III's. I didn't get it bought but continued to have a want for a Rocket III. Yesterday, I bought a 05 Rocket. I love the bike, it's an absolute blast to ride!

I've had all sorts of bikes in the past and with that, I have all sorts of bike parts. I was going to try and take the catalytic converter off and try an exhaust I have laying around directly on the header pipe. I'm not sure if that would work at all in the first place, but I couldn't even get the cat off!

There's two pins on the left side holding it in place and they won't move out of the way! What's the trick? And should I even bother?

Pull the mufflers off the crossover, then look for 1 hanger on each side that holds the crossover to the bike. Loosen clamp from crossover to header of course.

s-l1600.jpg

Thanks for the reply. I figured it has to be that easy! Apparently I just wasn't trying hard enough. I could see how it comes off, it just wasn't doing what I wanted it to. I'll give it another try later!

I'm somewhat new here. I almost bought a turbo rocket touring model a year or so ago and came here to learn a little about the Rocket III's. I didn't get it bought but continued to have a want for a Rocket III. Yesterday, I bought a 05 Rocket. I love the bike, it's an absolute blast to ride!

I've had all sorts of bikes in the past and with that, I have all sorts of bike parts. I was going to try and take the catalytic converter off and try an exhaust I have laying around directly on the header pipe. I'm not sure if that would work at all in the first place, but I couldn't even get the cat off!

There's two pins on the left side holding it in place and they won't move out of the way! What's the trick? And should I even bother?

By your title I was getting concerned that you had started some kind of animal **** thread!;)

Back