Mine does that going downhill with a tailwind.
If I take it easy and just cruise it usually gets upper 30's to lower 40's. My tune is now spot on so that helps a lot. My Power Commander map shows how rich the Tune ECU base map was and how much fuel he had to take out. My base map is in my signature.

Attachments

• current tune 9-18-2020.jpg
    current tune 9-18-2020.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 8
If I take it easy and just cruise it usually gets upper 30's to lower 40's. My tune is now spot on so that helps a lot. My Power Commander map shows how rich the Tune ECU base map was and how much fuel he had to take out. My base map is in my signature.

I try to go slo but Can't get no satisfaction! :p

I take a lot of pride in riding. Am 62 years old with basically a broken back. Just started Physical Therapy. Still I get up every morning and ride 57 miles one way to work. Sometimes I wonder why Ride. A Little voice in my head keeps telling me "it is not that bad ride" So we do. Never been a fan of cars to me a bike is my transportation and my weekend toy. I do spend about $4.00 to $6.50 a day in gas. Never did the math. Some days I just chill and ride other days want to race anybody stupid enough to. Some days I wipe them clean other days they wipe me clean. It is all good. Were good.
When i get little voices in my head i take a little pill and they go away.😴

Btw. Im up to 30+. 25 miles still with windshield, then removed it, mostly hwy cruise about 80, gunning it a little on take-offs. Just refilled it so ill see if i get a little better. Btbtw when filled up leaving the gas station made a sharp uturn. And it came out of first kinda leaving my hanging at a standstill with the wheel turned all the way left. It was all i could do not to drop it. But luckily my legs arent weak (yet). I went from feeling like a bad motorsickle to a stupid fool if i had dropped it. Im still getting used to it.

I just finished doing a little over 2000 miles during RAA West 2020 in UT. GREAT RIDE AND FOLKS. My Rocket has RamAir, TORs, a Dobeck AFR Plus and a Nels Dyno Tune. Riding with this group is no slow sight seeing tourist kind of ride. So with my Corbin Fairing and Beetle Bags and then my TourPack for the trip, I got 37 to 44 MPG depending on the wind (which there was a lot of) and road speed for that days ride. BTW: More 37/38 than 42/44. Good enough.

Last edited:
Btw. Im up to 30+. 25 miles still with windshield, then removed it, mostly hwy cruise about 80, gunning it a little on take-offs. Just refilled it so ill see if i get a little better. Btbtw when filled up leaving the gas station made a sharp uturn. And it came out of first kinda leaving my hanging at a standstill with the wheel turned all the way left. It was all i could do not to drop it. But luckily my legs arent weak (yet). I went from feeling like a bad motorsickle to a stupid fool if i had dropped it. Im still getting used to it.
She'll treat you well... but she's also unforgiving when the handlebars are anything but straight while not under power... and I know the feeling all too well... :(:rolleyes:
-MIG

Last edited:
I've noticed you cant exactly flip these touring models around. Theres alot of counter steering involved. But you can take your hands off in a straight line. My previous bike was a tbird and is felt like it had lower center of gravity. My sons 600 shadow feels like a moped compared to this

1800 mile road trip this past weekend, cool, winds, cruising to crushing it speeds, from highway to state roads to race track, 28 to 33 averages, approx. 200hp and a batwing, with a 1040 actual weight.

Attachments

• 46EEE5B0-E97A-4054-AF5B-7BCF1B5408BE.jpeg
    46EEE5B0-E97A-4054-AF5B-7BCF1B5408BE.jpeg
    374.5 KB · Views: 10
2010 Tourting, RamAir, Jardine header, cat delete, and pipes, PCV, AutoTune
in the city about 200 - 220km per tank (130miles)
steady highway 239 miles per tank
239km? 239 miles is awesome number, 150 miles behaving and the light is on mine

Back