For Sale Garmin Zumo GPS

Navigator

Living Legend
Ride
2009 Rocket Touring
This is a bit premature because I am still in Florida, returning this week so it is not quite for sale yet..

Upon returning home I will be deintalling the GPS that came with my 09 Touring. It is a 600 or 660 I believe as listed in the manual. It has a quick disconnect mount, with cover, for when not in use. I'll post some pics upon my return and can figure out how to deinstal it. I don't use a GPS so have no use for it.

I have no idea of value but if anyone is interested we can sort that out.

This is the waterproof, heavy duty ZUMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Navigator Mike,
Sounds to me like you have a Garmin 660 ZUMO, not a Nuvi!
I ran one for several years without issue - Tis a very fine GPS.
I got a wild hair last summer and upgraded to the 595 Zumo & gave my 660 Zumo to brother Dan, who likes it mucho!

Anyone looking for a good MC GPS at a reasonable price should NOT pass this one up!!!

Thanks Steve. Paul is correcting the thread title. The unit was on the bike for only two Washington intrastate trips and speent most of its life in the case. It came with a new battery, which I installed. It charged right up and said tbs maps are a year out of date.

I the "not lost but sometimes confused" type of riding. I've been known to be standing by my bike with a map opened on the seat, scratching my head and looking a bit puzzled.

I'm not an iconoclast bu still like caebs too

Last edited:
Thanks Steve. Paul is correcting the thread title

The Zumo 660 is a very good unit!
I also know that it plays well with a Sena 10s or 20s and a Samsung cell phone.
You should have no trouble selling it.

The Zumo 660 is a very good unit!
I also know that it plays well with a Sena 10s or 20s and a Samsung cell phone.
You should have no trouble selling it.

They do that stuff? It also came with two helmets/headsets but I got rid of those.

I love my Zumo, and I note that Garmin just tried to cash in on the solid reputation of the 660, and failed miserably. They tried to compete with Google and lost big time, instead of remembering where their customer set lay.

So this will be similar to trying to get your hands on the old model of something, because they don't make them like they used to.

Just look at the gun industry, and if you're interested, look up Winchester rifles and compare prices for "pre-'63" models to later, or Smith & Wesson Model 29 (44 magnum) in "two screw", "three screw", and "four screw" configurations - changes made over the years to reduce the cost of production, and lastly, the 1921 or 1928 overstamp Thompson submachine gun -- the original guns were made in a single run under contract by Colts Arms, 15,000 of them, and Thompson went broke - no-one wanted them. Try to buy one of the original guns now compared to the copies made many years later -- about a 10:1 cost difference.

Someone is going to be very happy with this Zumo, and others are going to kick themselves for having missed out.

Last edited:
Paul, that's a most interisting analogy with firearms. You obviously have an appreciation for fine arms. On the Thompsons, I was looking at a new one a few years ago and the clerk all but told me that tgey were junk and not to bother.

On the Zumo, I just got off the pbone with 1olbull and we'll be going for a ride before he sets out for RAA East. I'll ask him to check it out to ensure all is in order.

And something I should have mentioned, I'll only sell to someone in the US.. I sold an accessory to a rider in Canada a few years ago and since I don't receive funds with PayPal, it was a real GF.

Not to steal your thread -- I had one of the last full-auto "Thompsons" made by Auto-Ordnance and while it was a far cry from the original, there was a guy in Alaska who made retrofit parts for new version that at least made it reliable and less likely to break -- if you were truly interested, I could help you feel more comfortable with what can be done to make them run better.

Back