For Sale Garmin Zumo GPS

Not to steal your thread -- I had one of the last full-auto "Thompsons" made by Auto-Ordnance and while it was a far cry from the original, there was a guy in Alaska who made retrofit parts for new version that at least made it reliable and less likely to break -- if you were truly interested, I could help you feel more comfortable with what can be done to make them run better.

Full auto? That must have been fun.My dad carried one at times in Italy during WW II. He said they also had the .45 cal "grease guns" and could always where the Germans were by the difference between the sound of the Thompsons and what they called the German burp guns

I'll probably never get one though Paul. I'm pretty much winding down on all of that and passing what I have on to my kids.. You offer to assist is most appreciated though.

The Zumo is a tough unit, too. I didn't latch mine good enough and it blew off the bike at 35 miles/hour, slid down the road, car ran over it, then came to stop on the berm. I did a U-turn and went back to find it. The frame was pretty scratched up, but the unit still worked and continues to show me the way. I love it!

The couple times I didn't latch mine well, it flew off and landed in my lap where quick reflexes helped me grab it and replace it. Pure luck I am sure.

The Zumo is a tough unit, too. I didn't latch mine good enough and it blew off the bike at 35 miles/hour, slid down the road, car ran over it, then came to stop on the berm. I did a U-turn and went back to find it. The frame was pretty scratched up, but the unit still worked and continues to show me the way. I love it!

Same happened to me.
Did not have it securely clicked into the holder.
It continues to function perfectly.

Please forgive me my forum friends for not paying attention to this thread after having started it but I've been riding and addressing other upgrades/issues with my Touring.

I took this pic the other day. The mount says RAM on it and is somewhat integral with my cruise control but I have not sorted out how I'll separate the two. I think they just come apart and I'll have to replace the screws for my McCruise mounts. The cover plate in the photo quick disconnects and the GPS unit snaps onto the mount. I did it just once and it lit up so I believe it has constant voltage to the mount. The big thing is to lift that tank and see where it attaches. It's a very professional installation done by the Triumph dealer.

I just looked at the shelf in my office where the GPS unit sits. It is is in a case along with two baggies of documentation. I noted that it's heavier than a cheapie Garmin that I bought years ago for my truck but rarely use.

I truly don't know what this is worth and don't want to make a killing on it but rather sell it for a fair price. As I said, a GPS is absolutely no use to me. I was a navigator on two Navy ships for almost four years and navigated by the stars throughout the north and south Atlantic, the Caribbean, the Med, the Sea of Marmara, and throughout the Black Sea. Color me an old timer. I just applied for a personal license plate "No GPS" for my off road sidecar rig. Maps are me.

I want to have 1olbull check it out to ensure it is A-Ok before I sell it since he's had one previously. Since it's been barely used, I'm sure it is good to go.

One of our members sent me a PM right after the initial post so I'll let him know first. Another from Canada PM'ed me but as I said in an earlier post, I will only sell/ship to CONUS.

Mike,
Then let us get on this ASAP.
Let's meet tomorrow?

Back