For Sale Garmin Zumo GPS

My Zumo 660 came off (due to human error caused by a shoddy design) as I was entering the highway in St. Louis. Wife jumped off her bike, kicked it out of the way of oncoming traffic, as a result it was scuffed tremendously. It was fully functional for the rest of the trip but has since been replaced by a Zumo 595. I will be sure to connect (and check) it before journeying onward.

FYI - I also rigged it the new unit into my ignition switch via a replaceable relay.

My Zumo 660 came off (due to human error caused by a shoddy design) as I was entering the highway in St. Louis. Wife jumped off her bike, kicked it out of the way of oncoming traffic, as a result it was scuffed tremendously. It was fully functional for the rest of the trip but has since been replaced by a Zumo 595. I will be sure to connect (and check) it before journeying onward.

FYI - I also rigged it the new unit into my ignition switch via a replaceable relay.

Tis GOOD to know 'lectricity! :thumbsup:
I tried this once and fried not one, but TWO GPS units!
Finally realized the lack of some dealio to reduce 12v to 5v was the issue. :(

I can do tomorrow, Wednesday.
Wanna meet at the Cloverleaf again?
Say . . . 1PM?
steve if you see him ask how much for the gps ( north america I suppose) tell him I have an address in washington

steve if you see him ask how much for the gps ( north america I suppose) tell him I have an address in washington

Patrick,
Me thinks, @Navigator should post about it soon . . .
I looked it over and tis a fine unit with all the parts and paperwork.

Yes, and I'm a bit embarrassed. I had fully intended to sell the GPS but after lunch with Steve and a pointy-talky tutorial on just how great these things are I'm going to try it for a bit and see if it's useful to me, or not. If not I'll post it for sale immediately.

Good idea. Met a guy today, he had some kind of adventure bike. What caught my eye was his powerlet connections. He had a Garmin, phone and camcorder... A little too much for me. I passed on the Schuberth helmet. Let us know if they are worth the coin, and thanks anyway...Cya

Back