fuel injector problems

They are 12V but you can just use a 9V battery to open them
Personally I would advocate for a professional cleaning service for a proper job but if this is just some general maintenance it's probably fine

They are 12V but you can just use a 9V battery to open them
Personally I would advocate for a professional cleaning service for a proper job but if this is just some general maintenance it's probably fine
Wow that was quick good Sir, I am considering having them professionally cleaned , just getting the time to have them done is the hindrance, thank you for you expedient answer

Wow that was quick good Sir, I am considering having them professionally cleaned , just getting the time to have them done is the hindrance, thank you for you expedient answer
I know this is an old thread, and don't like when it's not complete! Did it work? but I guess Wrecks hooked a can of carburetor cleaner to the fuel rail and operated the injectors with a 9v battery while spraying the cleaner, I'm thinking about doing that but hooking up a can of carburetor cleaner to the rail and shutting off the fuel pump, disconnecting fuse, and starting up the bike and running the can through the injectors! Would it be safe for the injectors?? The bike?? Has anyone tried it??? I've seen it done on YouTube on a car!!!

I know this is an old thread, and don't like when it's not complete! Did it work? but I guess Wrecks hooked a can of carburetor cleaner to the fuel rail and operated the injectors with a 9v battery while spraying the cleaner, I'm thinking about doing that but hooking up a can of carburetor cleaner to the rail and shutting off the fuel pump, disconnecting fuse, and starting up the bike and running the can through the injectors! Would it be safe for the injectors?? The bike?? Has anyone tried it??? I've seen it done on YouTube on a car!!!

i am going to guess that he had the fuel rail and injectors off the bike
over a bucket of some kind
if they were on the bike there would not b a reason for the 9 volt bat.
i think that a 9 or 12 battery would open the injectors and u can spray something in the rail BUT BEWARE OF SPARKS.

i am going to guess that he had the fuel rail and injectors off the bike
over a bucket of some kind
if they were on the bike there would not b a reason for the 9 volt bat.
i think that a 9 or 12 battery would open the injectors and u can spray something in the rail BUT BEWARE OF SPARKS.
Yeah the way I want to do it is, take out the fuel pump fuse, rig the can of cleaner straw glued to a 1/4 hose and hook that up to the fuel rail and spray the cleaner and start the bike and run it through while it's running on carburetor cleaner till the can runs out or it stops running.
I saw a video of a guy doing it on YouTube, I was just wondering if you can do any damage to the injectors or the bike besides it's a fire hazard, I'm kinda a piro anyway 😂🤣 hahaha, but a controlled one ☺️👍👌 I am careful and I know mistakes happen!!!

Carb cleaner under pressure can b a problem. May ruin a good paint job.
And really painfull if u get an eye full.
May i sujest an alternitive take out the
The gas and drop in a can of seafoam in the tank and run that thru.
I never finished but started to make a tank and use the can of seafoam then pressure to 45 psi and hook it to the fuel rail of coarce disconect the connector at the gas tank then start motor. Also plug off tank line or take it lose at the banjo fitting. so it wont leak.

Carb cleaner under pressure can b a problem. May ruin a good paint job.
And really painfull if u get an eye full.
May i sujest an alternitive take out the
The gas and drop in a can of seafoam in the tank and run that thru.
I never finished but started to make a tank and use the can of seafoam then pressure to 45 psi and hook it to the fuel rail of coarce disconect the connector at the gas tank then start motor. Also plug off tank line or take it lose at the banjo fitting. so it wont leak.
I ran a bottle of injector cleaner mixed 1oz to 1gal And ran through till the bottle was gone, but it wasn't Seafoam, it was Berryman B-12 Chemtool, it's getting 30 mpg I'm using 93 octane, I just took out the plugs and cleaned and regapped, gap was .8mm put it at .9mm I have a new set of NGK Iridium plugs for it but don't want to put them in till I feel it's all good, I'm going to go over it again with tuneECU, check for vacuum leaks, compression test, check the coil connections, it's got 45,000 miles on it, I think the spark plug wire's should be good. It doesn't sound like it's missing, just the idle gets really low from just powering down when stopping, going through the gears you don't even notice it, but at a steady rpm not sure what about 60 to 65 mph it hesitates and surge's a very little bit you can hardly feel it, I thought it was from cleaning the MAP sensor with carburetor cleaner and stuff, break fluid, throttle body cleaner, last starting fluid to dry it out good. I put a used one I got from pinwall and it didn't change, most of the time it's okay, just sitting idling is the main problem, it seems to be hunting, I'll be able to tell more once I get it on tuneECU, at least I can see the RPM's being a touring model it doesn't have a tach.
But if I do the can of carburetor cleaner to the jet's I'll definitely be careful not to get it in my eyes or on the paint or cause a fire, thanks buddy, have a great night 😪💤😴 oh I get the decel pop, always did, a little worse with the crossover pipe

How about a professional shop test and clean them for a 100, then youll know if there actually working, with a report, how good and each ones flow rate is? they can puddle, let fuel out that dont mean theyre good or working correctly.
Yeah maybe if doing it while they are on and still have the problem I'll try that, everything is more expensive here in the northeast, in NJ, plus I like to tinker on my own and feel like I accomplished something, and maybe learn something new, I'm an old carburetor guy from the 70's, and I like to cut corners, taking them off can run into a lot of work, loosing screw's and stuff runs into extra effort, everytime I mess around the TB's I loose something behind them and the oil tank, I bought a good magnet and still have stuff back there, or it fell out while ridding??? In time I'll get it, I'm 59 have an average of 20 years left to figure it out I'm in no rush, as long as I'm able to ride it, and thanks for all the help on here, I'm so glad I stumbled on this site all about the Rocket 3, I found the bike by asking google what is the biggest production motor made for a motorcycle!!! 🤣😂 Then looked for a used one cause I don't have a garage, just under a cover but thanks for all the help 🆘😊😁😉

Back