Anyone else have problems on the install of a Carpenter Exhaust?

kmvoll

Standard Bore
I've got a 2013 R3 Roadster and I purchased a Carpenter Racing Exhaust for it. I work at an aviation company and had one of the aircraft mechanics help me install it the other day. Carpenter sent me spacers with the exhaust based on my specific model, but we had problems getting the brake reservoir cover back on in the right spot. The spacers would give it enough room for the pipe, but the stock screws aren't long enough to use them. Unfortunately they don't include any instruction manual so no help there. I'm gonna call Carpenter on Monday for advice, but has anyone else installed them and had the same problem?

I've got a 2013 R3 Roadster and I purchased a Carpenter Racing Exhaust for it. I work at an aviation company and had one of the aircraft mechanics help me install it the other day. Carpenter sent me spacers with the exhaust based on my specific model, but we had problems getting the brake reservoir cover back on in the right spot. The spacers would give it enough room for the pipe, but the stock screws aren't long enough to use them. Unfortunately they don't include any instruction manual so no help there. I'm gonna call Carpenter on Monday for advice, but has anyone else installed them and had the same problem?

Just curious if you have checked out the CES header system?
Several on here have the Brute (a fine system) and will surely chime in . . .

I wish I could help as I have a set on each one of my Rockets and one in the box for the Rocket I am going to revive and put back on the road. ( broken crankshaft and broken valves :( ) Anyway they are all pre roadsters so I did not have the particular master cylinder problems. If it was the bolts not being long enough I would just scoot on down to the store and pick some up. Keep the length handy so when you call Carpenter you can let him know and maybe he can include them in the kit. Your the first I heard of having problems with it. Maybe you should send a Message to @Steel he has a Roadster with Bob's pipe he might have some input that would help and could confirm if he ran into the same problem.

Last edited:
I wish I could help as I have a set on each one of my Rockets and one in the box for the Rocket I am going to revive and put back on the road. ( broken crankshaft and broken valves :( ) Anyway they are all pre roadsters so I did not have the particular master cylinder problems. If it was the bolts not being long enough I would just scoot on down to the store and pick some up. Keep the length handy so when you call Carpenter you can let him know and maybe he can include them in the kit. Your the first I heard of having problems with it. Maybe you should send a Message to steel he has a Roadster with Bob's pipe he might have some input that would help and could confirm if he ran into the same problem.

Next time type in @Steel, and his user name will pop up in a box. Select his user name and it will let him know he was tagged.

CALL the shop and they will send you the longer bolts

Back