I have Avon Cobra as front tyre. After last winter felt vibration at 40-70 km/h. Chaged front brake discs (one of them had been damaged previously by brake disc lock) and chacked front wheel bearings with stereeng bearing - they were OK. Vibration didn't disappear, wheel is balanced.
In my opinion, using Avon Cobra tyres we should keep our bikes with wheels in the air in winter...

and what about in other seasons ? ;)

Just out of curiosity, everyone check wheel weight amounts for comparison, I think mine has quite a bit more than normal, not sure how much but has same on both sides.
Probably in KG.

Attachments

• 20200510_115444.jpg
    20200510_115444.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 13
  • 20200510_115538.jpg
    20200510_115538.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 12
Just out of curiosity, everyone check wheel weight amounts for comparison, I think mine has quite a bit more than normal, not sure how much but has same on both sides.
Probably in KG.
To much weight needed means the tire is not a good one. When my shop was doing a rear for me the said to much weight was needed and they sent that one back. The next one needed a normal amount of weights added.

I developed the same problem. The tire was found to be out of round. We put a new one on and all is well.
Did they find the problem without removing the wheel ?
I'm thinking of asking my dealer to check it before my R3 is ready (it is but due to the confinement, I can pick it up only in the coming days)

Probably in KG.
I wonder whether these wheel weight amounts are the same for all R3 sold or if it varies for each unit ?

I will not use Avon again. The motorcycle shop that changes tires for me told me that Avon are junk. You get good ones and bad ones. He walked me out to where they depose of old tires and there was Avons out there in new shape. Owners complained of vibration and so had them removed. I was floored after seeing 5 or so new Avons in the dump. I had went ahead and installed a Metz since I was in a hurry and all vibration and not being able to go over 100mph was fixed.
Mully you should have kept the Avon on your bike as it helps keep your speed down and will stop the rozzers from writing you any new speeding tickets.

I wonder whether these wheel weight amounts are the same for all R3 sold or if it varies for each unit ?
I don't think i have ever had the same amounts of weight/s or in the same exact place ever. So seriously doubt all R3's have the same weights at the same spot on the rim/s.
Every time i have had a tyre replaced the mech removed all old weights prior to balancing the wheel with the new tyre fitted.

Mully you should have kept the Avon on your bike as it helps keep your speed down and will stop the rozzers from writing you any new speeding tickets.
You sir are correct. The Roadster has been sitting a lot here lately just for that very reason...lol State has already sent me a letter.:(

Did they find the problem without removing the wheel ?
I'm thinking of asking my dealer to check it before my R3 is ready (it is but due to the confinement, I can pick it up only in the coming days)
Yes they had it up on the jack spinning the front wheel. It was evident that it had a wobble to the tire.

Back