Mark Graham

.040 Over
Ride
20 Triumph Rocket GT. 20 Kawasaki Z H2. 16 KTM
Just wondering if this is normal. Between 50 and 60mph, I can feel a slight vibration in the handlebars. Maybe normal but never felt it on any other bike. Maybe something is not right when they installed the front tire.

Mark Graham
2020 GT

Just wondering if this is normal. Between 50 and 60mph, I can feel a slight vibration in the handlebars. Maybe normal but never felt it on any other bike. Maybe something is not right when they installed the front tire.

Mark Graham
2020 GT
Not normal take it back right away. Make sure it is set up correctly and safe.

It's the tire, wheel balance, or wheel bearings. In that order. A defect in the carcass can cause the vibration (I had a Dunlop once lost a cord in the middle and the handling went totally unstable). Wheel balance can also cause vibration. If the bars are 'buzzing' I'd think that was most likely. If the bearings are going out you need to check both the wheel and head stocks to make sure one isn't damaging the other. Who ever mounted and balanced your tire should check it for free. I did my own tire mounting and balancing for years (until I moved to Texas and left my tire machine in Kansas). Good luck.

Avon never had a recall on that tire size just the back tire. Part of the first maintenance check is to check adjustment of neck bearings. After they break in usually require adjustment.

Back