Free unrestricted maps for Rocket R GT and TFC now online

There are very few compatible bluetooth adaptors. LX/MX are your safest best. There is a list on the TuneECU website I believe but some of the cheaper ones run the risk of being counterfeit. I'd recommend getting the OBDLink and not worrying about it. It's handy to have for your cars as well in case you need to pull/clear trouble codes or troubleshoot an issue.

Thanks. Indeed, I rather get something that is working out of the box. My issue is that it isn't available in sweden so I had to order from the US and WAIT.. :)

Another question I could'nt find in the thread. What riding mode is the map replacing? Do I get to keep rain and road for days when the road might be more slippery?

Thanks. Indeed, I rather get something that is working out of the box. My issue is that it isn't available in sweden so I had to order from the US and WAIT.. :)

Another question I could'nt find in the thread. What riding mode is the map replacing? Do I get to keep rain and road for days when the road might be more slippery?
The rain-map is untouched.

The rain-map is untouched.
Okey, thanks. I suppose road and sport are still present but with the same configuration? Lastly before I proceed with this, is it possible to revert the changes? if so, ss the procedure the same but with original maps or do the ECU have some sort of restore defaults functionality?

Okey, thanks. I suppose road and sport are still present but with the same configuration? Lastly before I proceed with this, is it possible to revert the changes? if so, ss the procedure the same but with original maps or do the ECU have some sort of restore defaults functionality?
Just try it. You can go back to stock any time.

It is always a good idea to read and save the current tune before you replace it.

It is always a good idea to read and save the current tune before you replace it.
Can’t do that with TuneECU. But you can download stock tune. This is what I was told. Cannot read the tune from the new Rocket and save. Have to download and save. Which means as soon as you take the plunge there is no going back to “truly stock” we it will show overwritten maps.

Can’t do that with TuneECU. But you can download stock tune. This is what I was told. Cannot read the tune from the new Rocket and save. Have to download and save. Which means as soon as you take the plunge there is no going back to “truly stock” we it will show overwritten maps.
The maps on the Tune-ECU homepage are the stock maps. Right from Triumph.
Nothing untrue about that.

The maps on the Tune-ECU homepage are the stock maps. Right from Triumph.
Nothing untrue about that.
They are the same maps correct, but once the ecu is overwritten the dealer tool can see that the ecu was changed. An ecu check is part of their diagnostic checklist. I think it’s very clear to everyone doing a tune that there are certain implications when tuning (there are several boxes during a tune within TuneECU informing one of potential warranty issues). As discussed before they are likely not of consequence as the bike is not going to blow up because of “proper”, performance oriented, fueling; in fact it is less likely since it is not so lean and hot in places. I just wanted to point out that a stock tune from the internet (even if directly from Triumph) doesn’t mean that the bike is “back to stock.” The fueling numbers are, but there is a small chance that this overwritten ecu could become a point of friction with Triumph if they want to deny an expensive warranty claim within the warranty period—this scenario is highly unlikely and I have never heard of such a denial. But it’s possible, however unlikely it may be. They will see that the ecu was overwritten even if stock map has been written back again. Just trying to inform all so that nobody is surprised if the dealer checks the box regarding “ecu unlocked” in the event someone goes to the trouble to try and hide this modification from the dealer (which they shouldn’t do anyhow).

Last edited:
They are the same maps correct but once the ecu is overwritten the dealer tool can see that the ecu was changed. As ecu check is part of their diagnostic checklist. I think it’s very clear to everyone doing a tune that there are certain implications when tuning. As discussed before they are likely not of consequence as the bike is not going to blow up because of proper fueling, in fact it is less likely since it is not so lean and hot. I just wanted to point out that a stock tune from the internet (even if directly from Triumph) doesn’t mean that the bike is “back to stock.” The fueling numbers are but there is a small chance that this overwritten ecu could become a point of friction with Triumph if they want to deny an expensive warranty claim—this scenario is highly unlikely and I have never heard of such a denial. But it’s possible, however unlikely. They will see that the ecu was overwritten even if stock map has been written back again. Just trying to inform all so that nobody is surprised if the dealer checks the box regarding “ecu locked” in the even someone goes to the trouble to try and hide this modification from the dealer (which they shouldn’t do anyhow).
Very good information. Thank you

Back