Forward..but not to forward

@Simon Fioretti
M8, here is the scoop.
The R3R pegs are about 5 inches rear of the Standard & Classic boards.
If you like to fang the twisties, I reckon the Standard boards the best as they are at least an inch higher than the pegs and yield more ground clearance for a better lean angle. You will need to fab a simple bracket for the rear master cylinder mount. The rails and brake lever will fit fine. I ditched the shift lever & linkage & used a splined shifter from a Bonneville.
This is a terrific mod that seriously increased my comfort & improved my lean angle for faster cornering.
I further recommend not to lower the seat but use a stocker with beads that bring your butt to feet distance back to normal and facillitate sliding butt over the side to further improve lean angle. I have only a 29 inch inseam.
Those mods will necessitate improved rear & front suspension. Next you need a 240/55 R16 Exedra Max rear tire & a 140/75R 17 front &
YOU'RE RACER-X!

No longer available from Triumph as a foot board kit. Very rarely for sale even 2nd hand now. early series rails and standard pegs fairly common but expensive especially to get the gear lever, brake pipe, heel guards and brake lever as well. These can be converted to aftermarket full size or smaller footboards at further cost.

I currently have stock Roadster controls. I want forward controls. Like way forward
Here ya go then a bargain for what they are compared to other options.

FC17 Forward Controls Triumph Rocket III Roadster Classic Standard & Rocket X

Unfortunately unless @Simon Fioretti is selling his super cheap, the freight from Oz back to their origin in the USA may be a deal killer. I'm sure the Aussie vultures are already circling above by now anyway! ;):roll:

If you want to select flash new pegs and lever tips you can or just reuse your existing ones. Same with the gear lever you can just drill one hole in your existing one or get one of theirs with a hole already in it. There are also plenty of very high quality exact copies of the Kuryakyn look models they sell as options in both Black and Chrome for half the price on Amazon or eBay from China where you can bet your bottom dollar the Box labelling branded Kuryakyn ones are made too. They do not claim them to be Kuryakyn despite being identical so my guess is they are Chinese knockoffs they source from the same eBay etc places you can for half the price if you shop around and you will not even need to buy the expensive adapters as they take std clevis mounts on their kits.

There are no brands marked on even the real McCoy Kuryakyn pegs themselves anyway and the chrome quality on the same version Chinese knockoffs is identical. Same with the multi adjustable position h'way peg mounts etc.
You cannot fit or retain existing front tipover/crash/dresser bars when fitting this FC17 set.

Last edited:
In regards to this there was this kit I saved the picture from some years back that you could adjust your control position. Think it was a Japanese company but someone may be able to put us right on that. Price as expensive from memory. Maybe they are still made?

rocket21.jpg

I'm long in the leg and have the std footpegs that I find ideal, coupled with the crash bars and highway pegs I can rest my heel on the footrests and toes on the HW pegs, or stretch right out this is good for long distance to stop cramping over time.

In regards to this there was this kit I saved the picture from some years back that you could adjust your control position. Think it was a Japanese company but someone may be able to put us right on that. Price as expensive from memory. Maybe they are still made?

rocket21.jpg

I'm long in the leg and have the std footpegs that I find ideal, coupled with the crash bars and highway pegs I can rest my heel on the footrests and toes on the HW pegs, or stretch right out this is good for long distance to stop cramping over time.
I believe those are the RAASK adjustable peg rails in the picture.

rocket21.jpg

Looks like it was a Swedish RAASK product from a Japanese seller.

R-Pro-Company アールプロ : トライアンフ ロケット3 移動式バックステップKit
RAASK Mobile Backstep Kit
Fits: TRIUMPH ROCKET 3 after 2004
44-28520-1486011937.jpg

* Please understand that problems such as interfering with the kick may be caused when bad standing that is often found in overseas products and small machining is necessary for installation.
Manufacturer: RAASK
No. RAK - MP - ROCKET 3
Triumph rocket 3 mobile backstep kit
Price (tax included) 75,810 yen (US$680 Au$893 - Edit :eek:Au$1048.30 now in Aug'19)
<Waiting for backorder>

A RAASK contact details @2016 from a French forum:
Sivert Raask based in Sweden who still sells 05-09 R3 rearsets at 220euro + 40 euro post to France.
Contact and his bank details.
Sivert Raask
Algustorp 9
330 27 Hestra.
Sweden.
info@raask.se

Swedbank.
Swift / Bic: SWEDSESS.
Account IBAN no: SE 7680000 84178 0139203848.

Owner of the account are:
Raask Motor AB.
Motorv.
335 92 Nissafors.
Sweden.

Details from a R3Owners 2012 thread:
Raask Exhaust

Sivert Rask
Raask Motor AB/ Motorv. 4, 335 92
Nissafors,Sweden.
Phone no: +46-(0)370-336115
info@raask.se