Forward..but not to forward

I believe those are the RAASK adjustable peg rails in the picture.
Oops, should have read further before searching/posting but somebody may want to contact RAASK but I'm fairly sure they would be out of production. They are very cool though and in another thread he stated he would make ceased R3 exhausts if he had 12 orders so maybe the same could apply to these as he must still have the templates etc.

Also found these today on my computer again not sure of source. Giveaway might be in the pic, but didn't search sorry.

3 position option by the looks of...

41107_66594314da7ef76976e992a4b9c35a28.jpg
41108_63b61387efb5b995702f429244b7f4f5.jpg

Yep,
Motorrad Burchard GmbH

Very Sweet but Au$2145 (with +4% currency conversion) plus freight Ouch!:(:eek:

Forward Controls Kit 11, 19 or 27 cm forward Triumph Rocket III Roadster ABS / Rocket X ABS with German ABE

by Motorrad Burchard
Available from these sellers.
Price + Delivery
£1,177.00
+ £19.00 UK delivery

New
Motorrad Burchard GmbH
Just Launched (Seller Profile)
1 new from £1,177.00

• Made in Germany"
  • Ready to Fix on Bike
  • With german ABE
  • 3 Way Control: 11 cm, 19 cm or 27 cm forward with the same Control Kit
See more product details

Product description
Made in Germany
11, 19 or 27 cm Forward control kit for
Triumph Rocket III Roadster ABS / Rocket X ABS / C20, C23XB
Surface plates Black dull, Levers Chrome
With German ABE
All parts needed for the install are in the delivery contents, for example a longer brake line (if necessary).
All Motorrad Burchard forward controles will be delivered with a 2-years guarantee on processing and chrome. Gear levers and brake levers are adapted by hand including lubricant nipple.
Connecting parts which transfer energy (ball bearing) on the shiftgear rods and brake rods maximum lifespan.
All forward controls will be delivered with a TUEV opinion § 19/3 German StVZO or a german ABE, a certificate of quality management and a parts list.
All pieces which are unscrewable are available as spare Parts.

Probably give that one a miss then

Here ya go then from the manufacturer's website cheaper and can get excluding 20% VAT for no EU international sales.
1,076.00 € * 1,345.00 € * (20% savings)
incl. VAT excl. shipping costs
/ Non EU / with DHL World Package
21.00 € shipping costs per order
Ready for shipment, delivery in 1-3 days
  • Total:
    904,20 € *
  • Shipping:
    21.01 € *
  • Total:
    925.21 €
  • Au$1445 x1.04 for currency conversion fee =Au$1503.50 Then add 10% GST Au$144.50 + $100 Customs admin fee = Au$1750
Our advantages for you

Fußrastenanlage 11 cm - 19 cm - 27 cm vorverlegt für Triumph Rocket III mit ABS ABE
Product information "Rearset 11 cm - 19 cm - 27 cm forward for Triumph Rocket III with ABS ABE"
"Made in Germany"

Forward control kit with ABE of the Federal Motor Vehicle Office

11 cm - 19 cm - 27 cm Forward control kit

for

Triumph Rocket III with ABS / C20 - C23XB

The footrest system is 3-way adjustable. The installation is possible with 11 cm, 19 cm or 27 cm forward installation.

The footrest system is delivered pre-assembled with all parts required for assembly, such as an extended brake line (if necessary).
The assembly takes place at the original frame holding points.
Our footrests are made of steel and are optionally available in high-gloss chrome, black glossy powder-coated or black matt powder-coated.
In order to achieve corrosion resistance in powder coating, as in chrome plating, the footrest systems are electroplated before the powder coating.

All Motorcycle Burchard sets are supplied with a 2-year warranty on workmanship and chrome plating.
Shift and brake levers are fitted by hand and equipped with grease nipples.
Power-transmitting connecting parts (ball joints) on the shift and brake rods are backlash-free and also equipped with grease nipples.
This quality standard ensures a minimum of play on / at the waves and a maximum of life.

The footrest system is delivered with an ABE of the Federal Motor Transport Authority, a drawing, an assembly instruction and a parts list.

All unscrewable parts are available as spare parts.

The footrest system is available in 2 different designs.
Vehicle manufacturer: triumph
Model: Rocket III ABS
Type: C20, C23XB
Onward links to "Rearset 11 cm - 19 cm - 27 cm forward for Triumph Rocket III with ABS ABE"

I will tag onto this thread instead of continuing with the one I have which is very similar

Just a bit of an update and a bit of info regarding forward controls.

I have been gathering info and making mock up brackets for a set I am designing, took on some info from several sources Simon being one of those. Had a chat with some people today in the fabrication industry and will have some samples made up in about a week or so (maybe). Each of the brackets are made from one piece of mild steel 8mm thick, laser cut and bent with the tightest of radius's, they should not require any gussets and can be made to suit anywhere from about 250mm forward of stock location ++. I am having mine powdercoated black but I am having three sets made the other two sets can be left uncoated so the footpeg location can be determined by the owner, drilled and then powdercoated or chromed. Depending on the desired position forward you may need to extend the gear shifter rod and also cut to length the new brake actuating rod (supplied) and re-coat them but my intention is to maintain the original shifter lever with the spline but turn it around so it actuates from the bottom rather than the top as it does in the original position. The stock rails and levers are not required as all brackets and levers will be fabricated to suit. Therefor allowing all stock parts to be replaced should you choose to.
The new brackets will mount at the front at the current location for the rails and use the same bolts, the mastercylinder bracket will mount at the rear rail mount and the stock covers can be used for reservoir and the master cylinder, this rear bracket will be tested to see if it requires a gusset for stability as it will be no longer attached at the front, this will be done prior to me coating mine, should it be required they will all be fitted with it. I have no idea at this time what the cost will be but the main advantage I see is I can have a custom fit for the peg and lever position, the other advantage is that as they will be supplied "raw" they can be chromed or powder coated in your choice of colour or if you know what position you want the pegs I can drill and get them coated for you.
There are many designs of foot pegs available, I have a supplier in the States who is excellent with prices and delivery for aftermarket parts, mine will be coming from there which are already black powdercoated and shifter peg and brake peg to match you will see them when the pics are posted

Photos will follow as soon as I get my set made up and on my bike, but I must stress that this is not my job, its a hobby to design and put useful items into production so please bear with me when I have time they will be worked on, hopefully very soon.

Hey all, ok just finished mock-up mounting brackets and they have gone off to the laser cutter. There have been a few changes to the original design but basically not too far from what I invisaged in the first drawings. Will attach a couple of photos when the laser cutter sends them to me (got so gun-ho getting them to him forgot to take photos :oops:) I was going to have mine all black but when I get them finished I may decide to add a bit of chrome to them as the black footpegs dont do much for me,but thats still a while off.

image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg
image4.jpeg
image5.jpeg
image6.jpeg
image7.jpeg
IMG_1857.JPG
Hey all, ok just finished mock-up mounting brackets and they have gone off to the laser cutter. There have been a few changes to the original design but basically not too far from what I invisaged in the first drawings. Will attach a couple of photos when the laser cutter sends them to me (got so gun-ho getting them to him forgot to take photos :oops:) I was going to have mine all black but when I get them finished I may decide to add a bit of chrome to them as the black footpegs dont do much for me,but thats still a while off.

Hi all and merry christmas to each and every one of you

Been playing Santa myself this week and my present to myself was getting my forward controls finished, I have tried to deal with the problems that seem to be an issue with the ones currently available those being, flexing, too far forward and cost. All of the brackets and levers have been laser cut mine have been powder coated but added the chrome foot pegs as previously posted. the brackets are made of 8mm steel plate and he levers 5mm, they bolt directly to the original mounting holes on the bike and all original parts are retained allowing for refitting if required. I have to say that after riding the bike with the new controls for a few days the bike has taken on a whole new quality, the gear changes are as good as original and easy to select and while I always thought that the bike was easy to control it is soooo much better with the new controls. Leaning into corners has been comprimised a little as ground clearance has been reduced, but that was to be expected but my comfort has been increased beyond belief. There is still a slight amount of flexing mainly in the brake lever when hard application is made but in my opinion NO requirement for a gusset as the bracket has been made from one piece of steel it has retained, and due to the close bends actually increased its rigidity, in saying all of this I will probably fit a gusset to one set for me to try out and make a final decision. I have attached a few photos for you all to see, most of the photos are of the raw brackets and levers after bending and welding but I am sure you will see past that.
If anyone is interested in learning more about them please contact me, if there is interest I will be happy to supply them to forum members without footpegs, footpeg adapters and shifter pegs, (as these are generally owners choice) or I can supply with them, I get mine from USA parts dealer and they have a great selection. I can supply all of the parts required powdercoated matt black or raw to fully install on your bike in less than half an hour using only the original gear shifter (reversed) as can be seen from the photos.

PARTS INCLUDE:

MASTER CYLINDER BRACKET DRILLED AND TAPPED 8mm
LEFT AND RIGHT MOUNTING BRACKETS DRILLED 5mm
GEAR AND BRAKE LEVERS DRILLED
GEAR SHIFTER ROD AND HARDWARE
BRAKE SHIFTER ROD AND HARDWARE
EAST TO UNDERSTAND INSTRUCTIONS

POWDERCOATED MATT BLACK $AU960.00+ POSTAGE
RAW DRILLED $AU840.00+POSTAGE

I HAVE MADE ALL OF THE HARDWARE METRIC TO FIT IN WITH THE REST OF THE BIKE, However if I supply footpegs, footpeg adapters and shifter pegs they will be imperial threads

Looks good mate. Looks like you put in a lot of hard work mate

I got to ask what was your reasoning behind making them yourself? I was thinking you were going to make them a different length than the redefined cycles setup up? But they look bang on 11inch forward?

There complete setup is $450aud

Looks good mate. Looks like you put in a lot of hard work mate

I got to ask what was your reasoning behind making them yourself? I was thinking you were going to make them a different length than the redefined cycles setup up? But they look bang on 11inch forward?

There complete setup is $450aud

Thanks Simon
The main work was solving the issues that were with the other designs. Mine (the ones you see) are 215mm or about 8 1/2" forward of stock (on my 2013 roadster) which is perfect for me, the reasoning behind me making them myself was to make them to suit me!! and maybe others that arent comfortable with 11" forward of stock. Also having them made from 8mm plate solved 99% of the flexing issue even though they have addressed it themselves. You should also consider that maintaining all of the stock parts without altering them is a bonus.
I know they arent going to be for everyone but thats what customising is all about. I have only seen the refined cycles setup in photos, but they appear to be made from 6mm plate? I am more than happy with the finished item and as mentioned in previous post the bike feels and handles so much better than with the old mid mounted pegs.

ps
I believe the distance forward, was you main complaint of the refined cycle option at the begining of this thread?

Back