Forward..but not to forward

You must have had to remove the front crash bars to fit too didn't you from what I read of their fitting instructions?

As suggested have you tried the earlier R3 seat? But it is likely that your lowered one is similar anyway. I have a couple spare but hardly worth the postage just to try out. There must be someone closer to Mt Gambier with one.

Yeah, to fit the earlier rails you will need the earlier brake lever, alloy brake line and gear shifter. I believe the brake line can be straightened a little to fit the Roadster cylinder and reservoir etc.

The gear lever has different linkages too and actuates from the other side F/R of the shaft. I think @1olbull fitted a rare Std accessory set of boards to his and at a steeper angle than the later Classic version. This allowed him to ditch the gear linkages entirely and just attach a Thunderbird twin gear lever direct to the shaft. He has since fitted a flash CNC alloy aftermarket version I found made for Bonnevilles etc.

Unless you can find an early R3 owner willing to swap to the roadster set up on your it will be hard to find a complete set at a good price delivered. There is a set in the UK on eBay but you would still need to get a few bits and pieces.

Thanks very much for that info mate, as you said I think trying to find everything and then getting it at a decent price will be like pushing **** up a hill.
I’m thinking I might get some new brackets fabricated or modify the old ones I’m still pondering the best way forward.

There’s got to be a YouTube video on how to make your legs longer surely!

This should do ya...

torture-rack-1024x535.jpg

Thanks very much for that info mate, as you said I think trying to find everything and then getting it at a decent price will be like pushing **** up a hill.
I’m thinking I might get some new brackets fabricated or modify the old ones I’m still pondering the best way forward.

Not sure what your custom seat cost, but I'm sure the seat maker could design the saddle to put you further forward.

You could always go in the opposite direction though. My RIZOMA rearsets or @Mittzy may have something off Ponter's hot rod too, not sure if they are for Std R3 rails or Roadster rails but another good read.

The OP here is looking for a swap of Classic to Roadster which would be a good deal just freight.

Want to Buy - roadster footrest controls

Last edited:
Back