Forgot how much attention the Rocket gets

I went to pick up a package from the local FedEx office after work today. While getting my gear on, a guy approaches me and asks what is the displacement of my bike? I told him it is a Triumph Rocket III Touring and it has a 2,300 cc motor. He looks at it, shakes his head, and as he is walking away, he says maybe he will get one when he grows up or maybe his bike will grow up to that. He then gets on his Harley and rides off. I am not familiar enough with all the Harley models to know which one he was riding. I kinda felt a little sorry for him.
I feel sorry for a lot of the Harley riders especially those on the Softail Heritage and the pre 09 touring models. They just don’t handle all that well and the motors are not very strong. If they stay in ignorant bliss they’ll be ok.

I just wrote this up and laminated it. Keep it in the saddle bag and will post it on the windshield. It is fun to sit at a table eating and drinking a beer and watch people read it.

Can I copy this making changes for year and type?

And post on my bike?

I always get asked is it a 6 cylinder.
Could add has the the same size piston as a Dodge viper V10[/QUOTE]

When asked about 6 cylinders... I reply with... "She's got 3 VERY large ones..." :)
-MIG

On another note: I’m finally there, no more changes to power, handling will done, I have finally hit what I call “Peak Modding”. Anything more will push the bike too far into the race bike category and compromise it’s ability as a commuter, a great feeling! Now just a few small appearance mods to tidy some stuff up.
Oh go on - just one teensey weensey supercharger.

My 09 Touring will be in the August Saints Car Club auto show in Port Orchard. . My VFW Riders Group is one of the sponsors so have a fairly large show area cordoned off for our bikes and our booth... I'll have a plaquard something like Billy's on the windscreen.

I had the fellow who inspected by R3R yesterday ask if it was a 6 cylinder, said he had never seem one before, I thought to myself, probably seen the back end of some, just couldn't catch one to see what it was.:laugh:

Back