Forgot how much attention the Rocket gets

Claviger

Aspiring Student
Ride
'21 Z H2, '14 R3R, '02 Daytona 955i
Today, without trying I’ve spent about an hour fielding questions from random people about the rocket :)

Someone was waiting for me when I came out of work, a fellow captain, that wanted to chat as well, he rides an ‘06 :)

This long depressing winter has me really appreciating being on two wheels in warm weather again!

It’s so magical when the weathers good, roads are dry and clean, bikes running great!

I here you, took my first ride of the spring this afternoon, really nice to be back on board. a bit brisk but so worth it. Tomorrow is going to be even better! The growl through the intake was soul moving, simply amazing:D

I have a new found skill I need to develop, @Steel will relate, no more 1st gear roll on wheelies it just spins the back now, need to find that sweet spot between too much and spin and not enough :(

Also, magical moment, I found the goldilocks zone for my Head bearing, not loose but not tight, its "just right" also a fantastic feeling.

I still remember when I went to register mine back in 2009. I came out of the registry and there were a large group of Hutterites (think Amish) gathered around my hours-old bike.

"Is this yours, lad?"

"Yes."

"Do you mind if we ask you some questions about it?"

"...Sure" (Thinking here it comes; Why would you buy such a thing? Can I hook a plow to it?)

Spent the next 20 minutes answering questions about 0-60 and 1/4 mile times, production questions, and stats. Proper biker questions.

I have a new found skill I need to develop, @Steel will relate, no more 1st gear roll on wheelies it just spins the back now, need to find that sweet spot between too much and spin and not enough :(
It will, and usually at a throttle position that's less than you'd expect. You have to roll into the throttle, not just snap it open. Now 2nd gear you have to open it faster, and at the right rpm to raise the front tire. 3rd and 4th are only when you shift hard.
Ah young grasshopper, first you must snatch the pebble from my hand, then all else is possible.
snatch-the-pebble-jpg.jpg

Back