Foot Peg Relocation

[Marty said] Do you know how far your pegs are forward to roadster pegs?

Looking at my standard pegs they are directly below the gearshift shaft on the motor.
The top of the peg is 90mm down from the centre of the shaft.

Ranger9810 look to be another 4" further than that again, but down as well.
IngrahamS's are about 6" forward but on the original line.

From what was being spoken of it by Triumph in the lead up to the Roadsters release the pegs on yours are about 4" back and 1 1/2" lower than the standard.
They don't tend to scrape any more than the standard because it has moved them along the imaginary scrape line that Engineers draw when designing this sort of sh!t.

So, from where you are to;
Standard About 4"
Ranger9810 About 8" and down 1"
IngrahamS About 10"

Ranger
How do you go with yours srapping:confused:
Just seems to me that they would be a bit vulnerable having dropped them as well as moved forward that far.:confused:

Looking at my standard pegs they are directly below the gearshift shaft on the motor.
The top of the peg is 90mm down from the centre of the shaft.

Ranger9810 look to be another 4" further than that again, but down as well.
IngrahamS's are about 6" forward but on the original line.

From what was being spoken of it by Triumph in the lead up to the Roadsters release the pegs on yours are about 4" back and 1 1/2" lower than the standard.
They don't tend to scrape any more than the standard because it has moved them along the imaginary scrape line that Engineers draw when designing this sort of sh!t.

So, from where you are to;
Standard About 4"
Ranger9810 About 8" and down 1"
IngrahamS About 10"

Ranger
How do you go with yours srapping:confused:
Just seems to me that they would be a bit vulnerable having dropped them as well as moved forward that far.:confused:

Cobba I don't scrape often but I have on occassion, it's not a problem for me but we all have our own riding styles so in your case you might want to straighten the side rails so that the pegs won't drop down that 1 1/2". The rails can be reshaped rather easily if needed.

I have the scraped rails on my R3R up the front on the right angle bend they are not tucked up as close to the motor as on earlier models.

I have the scraped rails on my R3R up the front on the right angle bend they are not tucked up as close to the motor as on earlier models.

Haven't scraped the rails yet but have been wearing down the peg scratchers quite often. If I could find a cheep enough forward foot pegs I was thinking of mounting them to existing rails. The next Idea was to tighten the swivel up just tight enough they wont fall down and ride around as usual, This way I will now if I hit the forward pegs and how close I came to scratching the rails.

So many bloody options but only want the one thing, as frustrated as a paedophile at a wiggles concert. Thanks to Tomcat next week end will be able to start to compare, and get the bloody job done.

Thanks to Tomcat next week end will be able to start to compare, and get the bloody job done.[/QUOTE]
You mean this weekend right ? .. Sunday at Gympie Truckstop (2nd servo heading into Gympie from south) .. that ok?

Shifter After.jpg

Rear Brake After.jpg

R Brake Before.jpg

I moved my foot controls by braking the welds, moving the controls about 8" forward and 1" lower and rewelded. The shifter linkage is reversed and rear brake line straightened to reach new ABS location on side rail, everything was done using my original equipment. After powdercoating it looks great!

I'm 6'4 255lbs and very comfortable with this setup.

Whatever you decide it will be worth it.

Ranger, where did you get the much longer brake pedal in pic. no.2 and did it fit right on? I can't find anything that fits - or is it more of your welding magic? Thanks.

Ranger, where did you get the much longer brake pedal in pic. no.2 and did it fit right on? I can't find anything that fits - or is it more of your welding magic? Thanks.

You do know this thread is FIVE years old???
We have ALL done it . . . :eek: :roll: :p

5 years old and posts from Cobba RIP, Pete Triumph RIP and reference to another thread with lots of posts by HellFire RIP.
Gone but not forgotten.

Indeed it is but there are no clues anywhere else to that brake pedal and I hope there are still some helpful people around.

Back