Foot Peg Relocation

Big Marty

Turbocharged
Ride
2010 Rocket 3 Roadster
G'day Captains;

I am wondering does any body know can you get the foot peg mounting bar that has all the mounts further forward than the 2010 roadster.

Would like to move my pegs forward by 6 to 8 inches to get the 90 degree bend out of my legs.

Reason being after about 4 plus hours especially when it starts to cool down my knees bloody kill me, price to pay for getting old.

I have seen a bolt on foot peg kit but that looked **** house, so I would like to change the whole bar, pegs, and controls so it looks like a genuine factory job.

Appreciate any ides and or advice thanks Marty ;)

Pity you're so far away Marty. I'm wanting to go the other way and bring my legs back about 4 or 5 inches, which is about where the Roadster peg position is.

My 07 standard pegs are probably a bit short of making the distance you're wanting to go to by the sound of it.

Mate, I run a small Engineering business and if I was in the same spot as you I'd be looking at welding on an extra set of mount pads onto the rail as far forward and on top of the bar as was practical.
Bang on a set of highway pegs and leave the standard linkages and pegs where they are.

I don't have much faith in the clamp on set ups. I reckon they'd have a tendancy to slip around on the bar, but I could be wrong.

Pity you're so far away Marty. I'm wanting to go the other way and bring my legs back about 4 or 5 inches, which is about where the Roadster peg position is.

My 07 standard pegs are probably a bit short of making the distance you're wanting to go to by the sound of it.

Mate, I run a small Engineering business and if I was in the same spot as you I'd be looking at welding on an extra set of mount pads onto the rail as far forward and on top of the bar as was practical.
Bang on a set of highway pegs and leave the standard linkages and pegs where they are.

I don't have much faith in the clamp on set ups. I reckon they'd have a tendancy to slip around on the bar, but I could be wrong.

Thanks Mate and you're not that far away, see what's on the go after new year. I'll do my home work and just might come down there. If I can get older set of rails and you weld extra or relocate mount pads I'll give you mine.

I don't think linkages or brake lines will be a problem as it's easy to get longer hoses and linkages made.

You guys should do the swap out as a first step at least. Will save you lot more $ than you'll spend on postage. It's more than just the pegs and rails you need to swap - brake lines and stuff (I think). Marty, I also have highway pegs on my dresser bars and can put my heel on the std pegs and toe on the other one, or fully on the highway pegs. Gives me some options for placement.

You might also want to look here: http://www.r3owners.net/custom-mods/6948-forward-controls.html

There is this thread too (which I'm very reluctant to resurect). It has some useful comments - along with one of the best examples of ingratitude I've ever seen from a poor excuse for a human being. Makes my blood boil. Anyway, apologies to anyone who is upset by it. http://www.r3owners.net/rocket-iii-...ols-standard-ones.html?highlight=forward+pegs

Raask footpeg relocation kit.
I have had this for years works well, multi position both forward & back

Gear linkage will be a pieth of pith to make work if you want to move everything forward. At the worst you'd have to get a longer link, but the brake on the other hand??
It's a solid pipe on mine and I'd assume the same on the Roadsters too.
If just swapping to an earlier model rail/peg arrangment then see if you can grab the correct pipe when you get the rails.
Otherwise have a look now and work out the length of the pipe you need and get a flexible one made up. Be easy enough to get it a bit longer than required and route it thru the long way to use up some extra line.

Personally, I'd be leaving the controls where they are and just adding highway pegs. That way you have 2 different positions to put your feet in, not just the 1.
But it's your bike, not mine.

Marty I think I remember TOMCAT sugesting he would like to put roadster pegs on his rocket. He might be iterested in a swap. The ABS on the back brake might need some sorting.

Interested :D

There ya go Marty. A lot closer than mine.
You 2 could both ride somewhere for a meet and compare the chickens gizzards and see how it would work without pulling anything off at all.

Was reading in the second link that CanberraR3 put up (amoungst all the bullsh!t) about having to get the dealer to re-set the ABS if you have had to disconnect the brake lines at all.
Worth keeping that in mind if and when the time comes.

I quite liked the job that Stewy (IngrahamS. First link from CanberraR3) did with his side rails. They looked good and are a looong way forward, simple and a sturdy build as well.
Something like that wouldn't be too hard to do if you wanted to go that way too, but there's no coming back from a mod like that once you've done it.

Cheers.

Back