Foot Peg Relocation

Hey big fella, happy to come for a ride up to the bay next Sunday and see about swapping pegs over.

Not a problem Tomcat not one to pith in anyone's pocket it's definitely what I'm looking into and would like to examine the differences and see weather they fit or not.

The next thing I would like to do and will do this week is talk to mechanic and check al aspects of the change regarding the loss of pressure out of the rear break line and the resetting of the ABS if required.

I may be wrong but I'm thinking as long as you don't get air in the ABS module it should be as simple as bleeding the rear break again.

Could meet you half way tomcat unless you'd like a trip to the bay, Lunch, couple of beers, and a bloody good look at the fit and change over procedures. Also gives the opportunity to sit (NOT RIDE) on your bike and check if pegs will be as forward as I would like. will pm my phone and address Marty;)

Hi Marty

I have done this swap and it works a treat on my Roadster and yes I like the extra leg room from the older model.

Have a look at the link below as I posted a lot of information on the parts needed and how to deal with the rear brake.

Cheers

Have ya looked at Kuryakyn?

Mike, while I like the foot position of the Roadster for canyon carving, I too get the stiff knee thing.

I used these Longhorn Offset Peg Mounts | Küryakyn and mounted them clear up to the front of the peg mount bar. I added a set of the iso pegs and Voila extra place to put your feet. I see now that they have a black set, so I will probably be ordering those. Properly tightened, they do not slip. There is also a set for the Goldwing that are longer that will get your legs higher, but I like this position. I can set my heels on the pegs or lay my heels over the end. Very comfortable. :D

Mods affect warranty??

Hey big fella, happy to come for a ride up to the bay next Sunday and see about swapping pegs over.

Whilst we examine the options, methods, any new parts, pro's, and con's for doing this I think we will have to consult the ever wise bear in the bottle for his wisdom and knowledge on all things good. Bed here if you need to stay as well bloke.:D

Whilst we examine the options, methods, any new parts, pro's, and con's for doing this I think we will have to consult the ever wise bear in the bottle for his wisdom and knowledge on all things good. Bed here if you need to stay as well bloke.:D
Do your homework for sure. Pass on the bear ;) don't drink and the worlds a better place for it.. believe me. I'll have to be up and back in the day, my girls flying back in from the west 4pm Sunday... picking her up at airport.

Do your homework for sure. Pass on the bear ;) don't drink and the worlds a better place for it.. believe me. I'll have to be up and back in the day, my girls flying back in from the west 4pm Sunday... picking her up at airport.

G'day Tomcat

So far so good as it should be just a straight swap over of all parts. I am waiting for the outcome of brake bleeding issue that apparently has to be completed through the ECU and computer.

Head Mechanic not in dealers today so his understudy was honest enough to say he didn't know for sure but would check on Rear Master Cylinder size and change over, rear brake line change over and size, and the brake bleeding Vs ABS issues.

Checking that out tomorrow.

I personally don't see any major problems and the bleeding issue apparently is a quick fix, let you know the final outcome tomorrow.

Do you know how far your pegs are forward to roadster pegs?

Shifter After.jpg

Rear Brake After.jpg

R Brake Before.jpg

I moved my foot controls by braking the welds, moving the controls about 8" forward and 1" lower and rewelded. The shifter linkage is reversed and rear brake line straightened to reach new ABS location on side rail, everything was done using my original equipment. After powdercoating it looks great!

I'm 6'4 255lbs and very comfortable with this setup.

Whatever you decide it will be worth it.

Shifter After.jpg

Rear Brake After.jpg

R Brake Before.jpg

I moved my foot controls by braking the welds, moving the controls about 8" forward and 1" lower and rewelded. The shifter linkage is reversed and rear brake line straightened to reach new ABS location on side rail, everything was done using my original equipment. After powdercoating it looks great!

I'm 6'4 255lbs and very comfortable with this setup.

Whatever you decide it will be worth it.

Now this idea I really like:D

Back