FNG here-2014 R3 Touring questions

Welcome from Florida,Ed. As rocketjohn said pretty reliable bike 42,000 mi. on my 13' with no real issues some who have had issues will be along with their opinions.Where do you call home?
Astor, in the Ocala National Forest, on a canal off of the mighty St. Johns river.

Guys, thanks for the info. I'm actually trading in my flawless k1300s so I can ride with my wife, more correctly so she can ride with me. I'll check out the 2015's, 2k more is fine for a new one, appreciate the info.

Ed

I'm so envious of the trailer, and would have one in an instant, if I could figure a way to store it when not in use without the yard becoming an eyesore over which my neighbors would rebel.
doesnt take up much room and if it was like mine with a flat hard top you could always arrange some pot plants on top so it looks like a raise garden :D

I've had three K1300Ss and three R3Ts. The R3T is the ONLY big bike that I've seen (and I've owned many many many large touring type heavyweights) that could satisfy my lust for torque, created in me by my first K1200Rsport.

FWIW, my wife likes her pillion perch on the R3T. Get the bike, add a Russell seat, the powerlet outlet, a set of heated grips, and the tall windshield, and unless you want cruise control, a fancy navigation system, a fancy audio system, an air bag, tachometer, tpm, etc., you should be pretty happy.

Comfy bike, it was my favorite... till I picked up my k1200gt, lol. I'd never get rid of my Rocket, but it ain't a BMW, as far as long distance touring.

I'm so envious of the trailer, and would have one in an instant, if I could figure a way to store it when not in use without the yard becoming an eyesore over which my neighbors would rebel.

I refuse to live where neighbors can have any say on what I do! To hell with subdivisions! Country livin' is for me!

enduroed, the R3 is built like a tank and $10K is a very reasonable asking price if the bike has been well-maintained.

Ride it and all doubt should be removed with a simple twist of the wrist!;)

Back