Flipmeisters Specialty Products

When it gets sorted out and I have a suitable production item on the website, at that time if anyone wants it painted to match, I'll have to have the paint codes for the corresponding colors. Having said that, I know from experience (with my sidecar outfit) that the only way you can get an exact match is using a pant spectrometer. All coatings weather and fade from sunlight and age. Old motorcycle buffs call it 'patina', I call it faded to a lighter shade.

I suspect we will be able to do 2 colors as well. You know who will apply the pinstripes......by hand.:)

First things first however. The radiator insert is next up. I want everyone to buy one...or two.....:eek: The R&D, the materials and the outside labor has cost me a bundle....but they are sharp.

What are the radiator inserts and what are they for? I was thinking of something I wanted to do with my radiators but if you are working on the same type thing I would be interested.

Anyone ever considered make a bar grill for the rocket, I have one on the Valk and they are sharp. Classic looking, here is a picture of what I am talking about, I don't think you would need a laser cutter either. Just a good chromer.
Rattlebars Mfg.: Classic Bar Grille

I might actually look into making one of these, have a fabricator here at work that might be able to work it out. :cool:

LS

Anyone ever considered make a bar grill for the rocket, I have one on the Valk and they are sharp. Classic looking, here is a picture of what I am talking about, I don't think you would need a laser cutter either. Just a good chromer.
Rattlebars Mfg.: Classic Bar Grille

I might actually look into making one of these, have a fabricator here at work that might be able to work it out. :cool:

LS

Good Grief, that's more expensive than mine.........

Problem is, the R3 radiator isn't dimensionally rectangular, and it's that way for a reason. The bike's lines are meant to flow and not be abrupt and square and the radiator and cowling impart that symmetry. A tube or bar grill imparts a square jawed look which is the opposite of the R3. It's designed to look soft and not abrupt but have plenty of punch. A sleeper.

Like your dad's 63 Merc. Big and laid back with a ass kicker under the hood.

When I do a part, I always try to compliment the lines of the bike rather than go against them. The R3 is an exercise in mobile art.

Yeah I hear you, the more I look at the radiator on this it would be hard to make something look right with the bar grill. You grills are nice. Take it easy
LS

Back