Flashing Licence Plate Frame

Another Option

WT...... I put the Vectra LED's on my mirrors and they do sequential for turning, low for running and bright for brakes. I liked the idea of getting them as far outside the center line of the bike for optimum visibility. Just a thought!

Yeah, $60 to Kuryakyn get's you a universal run-turn-brake controller that flashes your stock taillight.

It would give you more visibility than that license plate for 1/2 the price.

Replace it with an LED bulb and get even brighter

Increasing awareness by others (rear enders) to see me when approaching from behind was my very first concern after getting my Rocket. I looked at numerous options including the flashing liscence plate. Cost of failure (life of service, damage, etc) of that device had me looking elsewhere. Instead I went looking at the several devices that modify the existing tail lights. The one I choose http://www.bikerhiway.com/index.php..._id=16&zenid=b5133641076e8a5dbe81e3ba945c6c81
(example site only) serves to illuminate the taillights dimmly for running light function, bright illumination for additional stop signal, while maintaining normal function as turn signals. And the price was right. There are those that add a bit of pizzaaz to the single stop light with quick flashing with brief steady on then back to flashing...repeat repeat. But having the running light function, for me, was most important. In PP weather and at night I feel better. And, it's all about feeling better before you get rear ended :eek: I don't need to wear my boxers and baggies down on my cheeks:eek:

Last edited:
Back