Fires in OZ - The Man in the Tin Shed

Today, an email from National Geographic...
travelnlGettyImages1191555611.jpg

PHOTOGRAPH BY SAEED KHAN/AFP/ GETTY

Photoshop.
Saaed, you tricky boy. :p :roll:

I am in Queensland which has been relatively untouched compared to down south, we had the earlier fires back in September to November, my sister was evac twice in a week as she has a large truck stop fuel station next door to her. Just saw on the news a bloke cleaning his yard up on a ride on mower hit a rock and the sparks started a fire that went basically viral, kept his home but lost a shed and a couple of vehicles. This time of year I am usually riding down south glad I decided not to this year, only because it was so hard to get out of my state at the time.

I don't work so been following the news and there have also been some great feats of bravery and lucky escapes, the biggest problem has been the storms the fires create, where the 2 firemen lost their lives they were sitting still waiting for a flash over of fire when a 160klm/hr firenado flipped their truck and killed them.

Whilst one should not believe a fair bit of the b/s on social media, there is some very real and graphic pictures of how bad some of these fires are. The child in the funeral mentioned above, is heart rending. He was one of the two mates killed in NSW. Two lives lost on Kangaroo Island last weekend. I know the firefighter who had to direct the police to the car that one died in and his son near. The image is in his mind forever.Terrible business. A lot of the fires were started by nature, one near here from a car crash. There is some by arson. They should catch them and use the eye for an eye principle in my view, but that is only my view. My wife and I have been safe here so far, but I have had breathing issues the last two days with the smoke. Thanks for everyones good wishes.
Wishing you the best, and all your countrymen.

I see in the news here that over 20 of these fires are arson. One evidently was set by a teenage firefighter. :-(
It sounds like you have been reading a Murdoch newspaper!
Many of the fires have been caused by lightning. Most are of unknown cause. Only a small number have been caused by arson. Bad that any were caused by arson though...

If I posted something that is not accurate I absolutely apologize Mr Lush, as I did not fact check. I only wish the very best for all of you brothers - I hope that no one has done these things intentionally although I believe there have been some evil intentions - hopefully not. The truth shall surface! :inlove:inlove:inlove:inlove:inlove:inlove

The title of the article pretty much tells you what kind of " news" it is, and the type of source, lol. Picture an article titled " Christian man starts fire" .

Back