Fires in OZ - The Man in the Tin Shed

Whilst one should not believe a fair bit of the b/s on social media, there is some very real and graphic pictures of how bad some of these fires are. The child in the funeral mentioned above, is heart rending. He was one of the two mates killed in NSW. Two lives lost on Kangaroo Island last weekend. I know the firefighter who had to direct the police to the car that one died in and his son near. The image is in his mind forever.Terrible business. A lot of the fires were started by nature, one near here from a car crash. There is some by arson. They should catch them and use the eye for an eye principle in my view, but that is only my view. My wife and I have been safe here so far, but I have had breathing issues the last two days with the smoke. Thanks for everyones good wishes.

I misspoke earlier about not contacting Neville. Of course he is still operating his business and very much open. If you are interested in his services you should definitely contact him.

In fact, throughout the ordeal with the fires he has responded to me whenever I needed a bit of advice. He definitely goes above and beyond the sale once you've settled on him for a rebuild, or whatever your project.

If you are considering cams or, like me and others before, cams and pistons- give Neville a shout. He'll take good care of you.

Whilst one should not believe a fair bit of the b/s on social media, there is some very real and graphic pictures of how bad some of these fires are. The child in the funeral mentioned above, is heart rending. He was one of the two mates killed in NSW. Two lives lost on Kangaroo Island last weekend. I know the firefighter who had to direct the police to the car that one died in and his son near. The image is in his mind forever.Terrible business. A lot of the fires were started by nature, one near here from a car crash. There is some by arson. They should catch them and use the eye for an eye principle in my view, but that is only my view. My wife and I have been safe here so far, but I have had breathing issues the last two days with the smoke. Thanks for everyones good wishes.

If I posted something that is not accurate I absolutely apologize Mr Lush, as I did not fact check. I only wish the very best for all of you brothers - I hope that no one has done these things intentionally although I believe there have been some evil intentions - hopefully not. The truth shall surface! :inlove:inlove:inlove:inlove:inlove:inlove

EasTexR111 I certainly was not directing the remark to you or anyone else here, FB is alive with all sorts of emotive posts which are not necessarily true. This takes away from the real sadness and enormity of the whole situation. It sort of dilutes the facts.

Oh ok, I don’t use Facebook so would not know.
I hear what you’re saying, and your brothers on this forum are hoping and praying for the best outcome possible for all of you there :)

Last edited:
The latest estimate on the east coast alone is a combined fire zone that is equivalent to the United Kingdom in area destroyed...and we are only halfway through fire season.

And use grinders and welders outside with out wetting the area before using.
That's not an Aussie thing mate. Last year our village was beset by a fairly nasty (for us) fire caused by an angle grinder. 2 years before, house about 120 yards away - guy on the road flicked a fag-end and it bounced into their plot. Conifer hedge - in 2 minutes it was so far gone the helicopters had to fly in. In summer I'd say we see 4-5 chopper flybys a day. Thank god we don't have Eucalyptus.

In summer here you WILL GET STOPPED for smoking with the window open and driving. 4 points on yer ticket. Irrespective of whether you flick the end out of the window or not.
Well in theory - usually they just scare the ****e out of the idjit and then tear the ticket up if it was not flicked out. I know a guy who was stopped twice in two days - 6 month ban. I had to laugh! really! - I mean how dumb do you have to be.

So far since June last year, it's burned over 26 million acres, destroyed nearly 6,000 buildings, killed 28 people and over one and a quarter billion animals.

We're not even halfway through summer yet. The scale of it is truly biblical.

Where I live has had the dubious honour of having the worst air quality in the world a couple of times over the last weeks. On one day it was 25 times the level considered "very hazardous".

And we've been lucky so far. Nothing burning in my town. It's just been the smoke from the other fires.

Tomorrow is gonna be interesting though.

We have a 60 mile wide fire front heading straight at us which is expected to get within 25 miles by end of tomorrow.

Last edited:
...my heart is bleeding for our Aussie Neighbors and friends...i too cannot understand arsonists but this is something really out there...
I have seen a documentary recently of these birds filmed doing this to flush prey so they can swoop down and grab them...things like rats, frogs etc...very smart birds but a pain in the butt also!

Back