Finally fell off the fence

I feel I'm losing touch , being left behind , gonna need therapy ! My CES and KnN intakes are just not cutting it anymore ! Can't explain the shame when you reply to a post , only to realise the poster is talking about their new R3 ! :notworthy: :notworthy: :oops: ;)

Sounds like you have Can't- own- a 2020 rocket virus:eek::eek:

Sounds like you have Can't- own- a 2020 rocket virus:eek::eek:
Well I'm certainly not alone , Tiz a virus that afflicts many and that is the way the cookie crumbles !
I am happy for those here that do own one tho , and even happier that after all the speculation, prophecies of doom and projections of woe , that the new R3 is exceeding expectations and turning out to be one awesome beast ! I am seeing that between both models , there is one that suits just about everyone and the more you see them , the better they look . Congrats to all here that own , or have already taken the decision that they are going to !
The issue that hard to digest tho , is that if one owned an 05 classic or a 2015 8 ball , they were still essentially the same bike . The 2020 is a different beast altogether , the only common ground being the Triumph logo ! It's a great thing this forum is centered around the people on it , as much as it is the bikes and will continue to thrive until we all find a way to upgrade .
In the mean time , still plenty here who own and love the monster that put us all here in the first place . Viva La Rocket ! :rolleyes:

Well I'm certainly not alone , Tiz a virus that afflicts many and that is the way the cookie crumbles !
I am happy for those here that do own one tho , and even happier that after all the speculation, prophecies of doom and projections of woe , that the new R3 is exceeding expectations and turning out to be one awesome beast ! I am seeing that between both models , there is one that suits just about everyone and the more you see them , the better they look . Congrats to all here that own , or have already taken the decision that they are going to !
The issue that hard to digest tho , is that if one owned an 05 classic or a 2015 8 ball , they were still essentially the same bike . The 2020 is a different beast altogether , the only common ground being the Triumph logo ! It's a great thing this forum is centered around the people on it , as much as it is the bikes and will continue to thrive until we all find a way to upgrade .
In the mean time , still plenty here who own and love the monster that put us all here in the first place . Viva La Rocket ! :rolleyes:
Also worth mentioning , that the new R3 exodus was started by our beloved deviant medical professional @Dr.D . ! Well after having struck up a long distance relationship with his Transgender gardener , It matters not that he has a large estate , manned by more staff than has Donald Trump , a beautiful wife , a boot collection to shame Imelda Marcos , a 640hp Bentley to carry garden waste / kennel the guard dogs , Travel by private jet , keep a 240 hp R3 as an ornament ( so last year ) :D ! And a shiny new TFC , I am informed that he is in fact still human and , obviously not wanting to repeat too much of what his gardener said , Has a very large wart ! I can't say too much more , as obviously his gardener needs his job to maintain his /her very extensive stamp collection , a lifelong passion apparently ?
So there you are , This is a question we can ask ourselves , would we rather have a sparkly new TFC and a , and I quote , " very , very large wart " or no wart and be happy with what we have ? :D
Oh hang on , he / she didn't mean wart ? D@%n your eyes Doc ! :banghead: :banghead: ;) ;)

Now just to add to all the turmoil @R-III-R Turbo has just released his 2.5 stroker engine for sale now have 3 forever bikes.When will it end:banghead:

Well said brother.....:thumbsup:

Also worth mentioning , that the new R3 exodus was started by our beloved deviant medical professional @Dr.D . ! Well after having struck up a long distance relationship with his Transgender gardener , It matters not that he has a large estate , manned by more staff than has Donald Trump , a beautiful wife , a boot collection to shame Imelda Marcos , a 640hp Bentley to carry garden waste / kennel the guard dogs , Travel by private jet , keep a 240 hp R3 as an ornament ( so last year ) :D ! And a shiny new TFC , I am informed that he is in fact still human and , obviously not wanting to repeat too much of what his gardener said , Has a very large wart ! I can't say too much more , as obviously his gardener needs his job to maintain his /her very extensive stamp collection , a lifelong passion apparently ?
So there you are , This is a question we can ask ourselves , would we rather have a sparkly new TFC and a , and I quote , " very , very large wart " or no wart and be happy with what we have ? :D
Oh hang on , he / she didn't mean wart ? D@%n your eyes Doc ! :banghead: :banghead: ;) ;)
Is there another bloke on here using my name because I don’t recognize anybody by that description.:eek::eek:

It's a great thing this forum is centered around the people on it , as much as it is the bikes and will continue to thrive until we all find a way to upgrade .

While I've zero doubt the new R3 is wonderful, given my personal priorities and where and how I ride, I don't yet see it as an upgrade. IMO it just seems to have a very different mission statement.
Plus, the many reviews raving about how refined and quiet the riding experience is are starting to make it sound like Triumph built an expensive Honda. There's a reason I don't buy Hondas.

Not that I'll turn down a test ride, mind you.

Problem solved . Gonna get meself one of these !
IMG-20200226-WA0006.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Oh F**K that was funny. You did however forget to mention the Doctors new TFC cover. He is using the wife's last years model Mink Coat. That guy knows how to recycle.

Back