Finally added the Rocket III to the stable

From the date of my into April 14th to today June 5th, I have gotten out and enjoyed several rides. My short time on the Rocket and forum have been equally rewarding. While each bike, and rider is different, this forum blends it all together with our commonalities and differences for an enriching enlightenment. Here are a few photos of the Columbia River Gorge. Along with noting a few comfort mods achieved from the wisdom of this forum. Rivco Risers/installed, Rivco mounts & pegs on order. It's wonderful to have such a friendly resource and shared spirit.
Enjoy the Rides ahead
20180503_102538.jpeg
20180503_102615.jpeg
20180212_143912.jpeg

That there is a great addition to this forum!

Hello BlackjackIII and welcome from Virginia. My apologies for not noticing your arrival sooner, I must have been asleep that day...

Another fine looking Rocket and great pics. Where the heck is Cape Horn though? The only one I know of is at the tip of Tierra del Fuego.

On Washington riding, there is an good article in the latest edition of Quick Throttle about the loneliest road in Washington state. It's Gary Gardner's Road Signs piece. It's SR 127 in the Palouse. I've ridden through there in the fall after the wheat harvest and when all was brown but it's supposed to be spectacular in the spring with the green wheat on the rolling hills and fields.

Another fine looking Rocket and great pics. Where the heck is Cape Horn though? The only one I know of is at the tip of Tierra del Fuego.

On Washington riding, there is an good article in the latest edition of Quick Throttle about the loneliest road in Washington state. It's Gary Gardner's Road Signs piece. It's SR 127 in the Palouse. I've ridden through there in the fall after the wheat harvest and when all was brown but it's supposed to be spectacular in the spring with the green wheat on the rolling hills and fields.

Navigator,
Thanks for the tip, "It's Gary Gardner's Road, SR 127 Palouse" Concerning "Cape Horn" WA, it's within the first 10 miles of the Columbia river gorge when entering from the west end, Camas/Washougal. It's one of the first vantage points you come to. While we have to put up with our WA Monsoon season, we are other wised blessed with such a mix of topography, climates, and choices.

See if this link works: Cape Horn WA State

Screenshot 2018-06-10 11.12.09.png

Am I stupid or what? I can't believe I didn't know that. I've ridden up and down both sides of the Columbia on 84 and 14 so should have known that. I know I've even stopped there.

It looks like our Monsoon is running it's course. It's forecast to be 88 a week from this Tuesday. I thought to ride over Snoqualmie Pass this weekend until I saw the forecast for heavy rains on this side and WHITE OUT conditions in the pass with the snow level dropping to 4K feet. Looking forward to those sunny warm days.

Oh and I found this link to some pics of the Palouse region. It should be looking like this right now:

the palouse - Google Search:

I'm getting a new front tire this week and think I'll head east as she warms up.

Back