Finally added the Rocket III to the stable

And welcome form Port Orchard in Kitsap County. I've got a cousin who lives with his wife in Astoria, both who are riders. I'll give you a shout when the weather clears and perhaps we can get together on my way down to visit my cousin. He's a great rider, having been a rated off road racer years ago.

And yes, your area really does have access to some great roads and and as you know, has one of the most dangerous boating areas in the world called the Columbia River Pacific Ocean Danger Zone. Beautiful and scary; like a Rocket.

Hello from WA State - Been riding 45yr's, last 20 have been metric cruisers/sport cruisers. I knew my riding experience was never going to be complete until having an affair with the R3R. I've kept my eye on the market for about 5 years (it has to be the right deal) well, that came up 2 weeks ago - 2017 Roadster - Triumph Bags, Shield, Backrest/rack, 1,100 miles. The ride home was testament to the pursuit of happiness. It's monsoon season here, so of course rain every since I parked it. No worries, many enjoyable miles ahead.
I'm a fair-weather recreational rider and fortunately live at the mouth of the Columbia River Gorge which provides unlimited routes, destinations, terrain, vistas, with minimal traffic. I also have the good fortune of several friends to hook up with or just clear the mind solo. Exploring the forum has already provided that comfort you get knowing to gain or share information with like minded folks is only a click away. The first comfort mod is risers, thinking Rivco risers #TR3017, I have reviewed posts on the forum and wrote to Rivco to confirm fitment, reroute, etc. At 5'10" one-inch up x two-inch back should be just right. Any additional feedback is welcome. I have a feeling each time I push the start button, I'll be thinking:
"Time for takeoff fasten your seat belts" Cheers
Welcome, enjoy the ride!

From the date of my into April 14th to today June 5th, I have gotten out and enjoyed several rides. My short time on the Rocket and forum have been equally rewarding. While each bike, and rider is different, this forum blends it all together with our commonalities and differences for an enriching enlightenment. Here are a few photos of the Columbia River Gorge. Along with noting a few comfort mods achieved from the wisdom of this forum. Rivco Risers/installed, Rivco mounts & pegs on order. It's wonderful to have such a friendly resource and shared spirit.
Enjoy the Rides ahead
20180503_102538.jpeg
20180503_102615.jpeg
20180212_143912.jpeg

Back