Finally added the Rocket III to the stable

BlackjackIII

.020 Over
Ride
2017 Rocket III Roadster --- 2014 Valkyrie
Update:
Triumphs / R3R - Best to enjoy and know how to work on them or have a budget & desire to allow for it by a professional.
It's a thrill ride - had to do it. Now that is done - moved back to more reliable maintenance friendly bike(s). 1800cc metric(s) are more than enough for me, more comfortable and overall performance to my preference. M109R, VTX, Raider, Valkyrie, etc. No disrespect intended to the Rocket crew.

Hello from WA State - Been riding 45yr's, last 20 have been metric cruisers/sport cruisers. I knew my riding experience was never going to be complete until having an affair with the R3R. I've kept my eye on the market for about 5 years (it has to be the right deal) well, that came up 2 weeks ago - 2017 Roadster - Triumph Bags, Shield, Backrest/rack, 1,100 miles.
I'm a fair-weather recreational rider and fortunately live at the mouth of the Columbia River Gorge which provides unlimited routes, destinations, terrain, vistas, with minimal traffic. I also have the good fortune of several friends to hook up with or just clear the mind solo. IN A FEW WAYS WILL MISS IT - BUT NO REGRETS MOVING ON...……….

Last edited:
Welcome from the Olympia area!

We’ve a big rocket gathering in our state coming in July, RAA West.

Congrats on your new ride.

Welcome from Christchurch New Zealand BJ. You gonna love this bike for sure.
I have rivco risers but have "Thunderbike" teebars. The sitting position for me is about dead right i feel with any of the three seat choices i have.
I have kept the stock cables but re-routed them and alls good.

WELCOME to ya, Blackjack!
I knew a guy called Black Jack in OR.
When we rode the V2K.
???
Anyway, please check out our "Rocket Owners Northwest" forum.
Click on "Forums" at the top of the page
Scroll down to bottom under "Usergroups"
Click on "Rocket Owners Northwest"

Welcome from another Christchurch New Zealand rocket owner.

Tal's set up is just fantastic as had the privilege to ride his not to long ago.

Welcome. I prefer to ride in good weather also, especially with this torque monster.

Back