Toddyboy

.040 Over
Ride
2011 Rocket 3 Roadster
Well here goes. 200 kilometers into a 600 kilometer ride today my bike surges for a moment at 130kmh And I chalked it up to possible bad gas did it one more time a few minutes later then it was good for another 20 minutes then it searches again and I lose all forward momentum I lose all my gears had to pull off the side of the highway and in first gear I could get it to go under its own power with grinding noise coming from under the bike so I stopped I get it towed home I go to push it into my garage and I can hear a grinding coming from under the bike in neutral clutch pull feels the same I can put it into gears with bike running but nothing happens I'm hoping it's just clutch but I'm asking the experts what should I do and how do I check

Well here goes. 200 kilometers into a 600 kilometer ride today my bike surges for a moment at 130kmh And I chalked it up to possible bad gas did it one more time a few minutes later then it was good for another 20 minutes then it searches again and I lose all forward momentum I lose all my gears had to pull off the side of the highway and in first gear I could get it to go under its own power with grinding noise coming from under the bike so I stopped I get it towed home I go to push it into my garage and I can hear a grinding coming from under the bike in neutral clutch pull feels the same I can put it into gears with bike running but nothing happens I'm hoping it's just clutch but I'm asking the experts what should I do and how do I check

Sounds suspiciously like a failed output shaft bearing. If you push the bike with the engine off does it make a grinding noise ? If it does I'd drop the oil pan and look for bearing shrapnel.

I did my own but it's a big job. Search for output shaft bearing from member Rocket Scientist then look at thread called "the Odyssey Begins". It will give you an idea of what is involved.

So I just pulled the drain plug on the final drive and no fluid whatsoever just chunks of metal on the magnet

Back