filter mods

mickm7

.040 Over
Ride
2008 classic
the start of my mods...just finished triple k&n filters removed all original duct,
added dobeck unit removed secondary butterflies supertrapp 3 into 1,manufactured
by me..waiting on cams ,should finish engine mods..
what a difference.:D...fixed my cold start hi lo idle...
still have not fixed Speedo...it added 800000ks .any idea's how to fix would be greatly appreciated...
just leave me cosmetics to do...

Attachments

• WIN_20190906_09_28_38_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20190906_09_28_38_Pro.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 10
the start of my mods...just finished triple k&n filters removed all original duct,
added dobeck unit removed secondary butterflies supertrapp 3 into 1,manufactured
by me..waiting on cams ,should finish engine mods..
what a difference.:D...fixed my cold start hi lo idle...
still have not fixed Speedo...it added 800000ks .any idea's how to fix would be greatly appreciated...
just leave me cosmetics to do...

Search...this has been covered recently I think it will help

Mick don't waste your time there is no fix for the gauges they go bad you can hunt for a used one. Not sure if you can buy them new from triumph but if so they will rape you. There has been a couple who have wired in a koso speedo/tach/all in one units.

thanks for the info...if they go bad I am sure as s__t not going to buy another one if same could happen...will see if can have repaired..
which will suck no ride till get it back...

thanks for the info...if they go bad I am sure as s__t not going to buy another one if same could happen...will see if can have repaired..
which will suck no ride till get it back...
If you can fix it tell us where.

There are 4 main speedo versions (and each was available with km only or Mph and km dials, so 8).
The real early '04-'05 version, '06-'09 like yours, then 1st series Roadster '10 to '13 or '14, and second series Roadster.
The Roadster ones are linked to the ECU version issued with and bike cannot operate without them.
Earlier models like yours can use the aftermarket units.

I will let you know...the repairer not 100% sure,will know more once he gets it....so are you saying my bike will run without Speedo..
I hope so..

I will let you know...the repairer not 100% sure,will know more once he gets it....so are you saying my bike will run without Speedo..
I hope so..
I've seen where they have. Just didn't have the speed or odometer readings. My bet from what I've seen is the tachometer will be the next.

one would think that you would get more than 24000ks use from gauges...I have read that seem to a lot gauges with issues
they still haven't got there electrics right after all these years.

I Can't complain about my gauges, 62000 miles on my 2008 classic and no problems. Hope ya get sorted ok.

Back