Feel dumb for having to ask this but:

Allan S

Simple African lad with a Rocket
Ride
2016 Roadster-skunk
Which of the two cables going into the throttle grip is to adjust the opening (accel) cable and which is for the closing (decel)cable? (The top or the bottom cable). I need to reduce slightly the free play in my throttle grip and both the owner and shop manuals just say to adjust at the top of the cables near the grip for small adjustments, which this is. The manuals are more helpful for larger adjustments at the throttle body end thats why I feel dumb asking this cause I guess I'm supposed to just know things like this.

Which of the two cables going into the throttle grip is to adjust the opening (accel) cable and which is for the closing (decel)cable? (The top or the bottom cable). I need to reduce slightly the free play in my throttle grip and both the owner and shop manuals just say to adjust at the top of the cables near the grip for small adjustments, which this is. The manuals are more helpful for larger adjustments at the throttle body end thats why I feel dumb asking this cause I guess I'm supposed to just know things like this.
the top one pulls open and the lower pulls closed;)

"I feel dumb asking this cause I guess I'm supposed to just know things like this"

Nobody is born knowing all the things we think other people think we should know - As a great man once said "there are no dumb questions, only dumb answers!" ( I can't remember who said it - think it might have been Jean-Luc Picard)

"I feel dumb asking this cause I guess I'm supposed to just know things like this"

Nobody is born knowing all the things we think other people think we should know - As a great man once said "there are no dumb questions, only dumb answers!" ( I can't remember who said it - think it might have been Jean-Luc Picard)
Remember free play at the top is for throttle opening. The 2 to 3 mm free play on the return is checked down on the throttle body not up on the grip.

I'm full of dumb answers. :p

If anyone like me likes a snappy fast throttle closure i always take off the return cables on all my bikes...except my rocket as it has such a very small travel from open to closed.not entirely sure i like this feature or trait to be honest but there you go.

Back