Favourite Mods Feedback!

JohnnyCanuck

Supercharged
Having just completed the Stebel horn mod I'm in a contemplative mood as I have now completed most (but not all) of the mods I set out to do with the Rocket. It makes me consider what mods I am most (and least) pleased with and what I still want to do. Love to hear what other Captains think of their best/worst/future mods!

Favourite Mods (in order):

1) Eastern Beaver Headlight Relay (peace of mind + real lights!)
2) Progressive 440 Rear Springs (night and day difference!)
3) Jardine Exhaust/Triple Filters/PC5 (I'm cheating but I count this as 1 mod - we have blast off!)
4) Gi-Pro (gear indicator + no more limiters!)
5) Stebel Horn (safety first - or fifth!)

Least Favourite:

1) K & N Under Seat Filter (waste of $ - should have just waited for triples)
2) Scorpio i-900 Alarm (don't get me wrong - no regrets but this was more for fun (bloop bloop) than anything actually useful)
3) Fuel Gauge (I like the look of the gauge and matching clock and wouldn't change it but it is completely useless - have to do the fuel tank mod)

Future Mods:

1) Progressive front fork springs (really looking forward to this...once my dealership actually finds their front fork tool...sheesh!)
2) GPS (should be super useful)
3) Proper tool kit (OEM tool kit is completely useless. Going to assemble my own now that I have room under the seat!)

Having just completed the Stebel horn mod I'm in a contemplative mood as I have now completed most (but not all) of the mods I set out to do with the Rocket. It makes me consider what mods I am most (and least) pleased with and what I still want to do. Love to hear what other Captains think of their best/worst/future mods!

Favourite Mods (in order):

1) Eastern Beaver Headlight Relay (peace of mind + real lights!)
2) Progressive 440 Rear Springs (night and day difference!)
3) Jardine Exhaust/Triple Filters/PC5 (I'm cheating but I count this as 1 mod - we have blast off!)
4) Gi-Pro (gear indicator + no more limiters!)
5) Stebel Horn (safety first - or fifth!)

Least Favourite:

1) K & N Under Seat Filter (waste of $ - should have just waited for triples)
2) Scorpio i-900 Alarm (don't get me wrong - no regrets but this was more for fun (bloop bloop) than anything actually useful)
3) Fuel Gauge (I like the look of the gauge and matching clock and wouldn't change it but it is completely useless - have to do the fuel tank mod)

Future Mods:

1) Progressive front fork springs (really looking forward to this...once my dealership actually finds their front fork tool...sheesh!)
3) Proper tool kit (OEM tool kit is completely useless. Going to assemble my own now that I have room under the seat!)
Hey Canuck! Are you saying that you changed the rear factory shock springs to Progressive 440 springs??? I know the post is old, but I just read it. Can you PM me how you got the old spring off? Or post it either one. Thank you!

[QUOTE="JohnnyCanuck, post: 150292, member: 2792"
3) Proper tool kit (OEM tool kit is completely useless. Going to assemble my own now that I have room under the seat!)[/QUOTE]

Two mods I have. I use my phone GPS for most trips because I am generally in cell coverage. But I ride a tour bike and like to get away. So I have found myself needing the Garmin GPS more often while on trips to keep me on track. Yes I like to loose myself in the mountains, but I don’t like the sinking feeling of being lost and low on fuel...the Garmin has helped me many times.

My air box is a mostly fully stocked tool kit to include air compressor, hex/star/socket drivers, crescent, screw drivers, tire plugs, and ratchet. I also have the large socket and hex tool to remove the rear wheel if needed. So I can do most maintenance while out on the road. Only things that don’t fit are tire spoons with bead breaker and jack, but I don’t travel with those. Figure if I need a new tire while on travel it is because I am likely in need need help for something more than a tire plug would be able to patch.

Be sure to seal up the air box too so you don’t get water in there either from the snorkel or intake port.

Have you considered upgrading your seat?

Last edited:
Back