If you're mostly worried about night riding, I'd get a hi viz vest before I got a coloured jacket. Triumph do a good looking one with reflective strips. Yes, good looking hi viz IS an oxymoron. ;)

When the weather gets really sh#tty I have a hi viz rain jacket I put over my black leather jacket. It's hard enough anyway for car drivers simply to see you when their windows are fogged up and the rain's bucketing down.

By the way @Wrecka , RST has just brought out a really nice waxed cotton jacket in 2 lengths with a removable liner. Thinking of getting one myself.

Thanks for reminding me, ive been meaning to buy a Belstaff Jacket for the past 12 months

They sure be SPENDY!!!
This is what I've had for many years:
http://www.langlitz.com/jackets/
Have recently found the high end textile jackets to be lighter, more comfy and even provide more protection.
I still wear the Langlitz when not too hot and not on a long trip.

Two jacket have i..one for the RK and one for the Rocket. I found this guys leather shop in 1975 i walked into his shop in downtown Hyannis and was blown away with his product line. He's an old school leather maker. His web page doesn't do his product line justice you have to see his jackets to believe the quailty. I had two jackets custom made one in 1975 when i wore a 48 and one in 2001 when i wore a 52. He moved to Vermont awhile back. His jackets are pretty heavy but they're made to last a life time and then some.
http://champlainleather.com/productdetail.php?recno=9
The one in the picture is the one i wear on the Rocket ,very happy with it.
Raptor_2_Jacket.jpg

XPert Performance Coburn

Get 'em while they're hot. You have to be a midget or Godzilla.

Is that true ? Damm it i had a Bellstaff jacket back in the early 90's and it was a great bit of kit.
It most certainly was in the '90's - but seems they're now back in British hands. But still fashion orientated - They're promoted by the Beckhams.

"The brand started in England. When it was bought by Italians [in the 1990s], it started to lose its way and lose its language. We wanted to make a firm commitment that it is back in England and that we're proud to be an English brand."

Last year, Belstaff was bought by Labelux, based in Vienna. Months earlier, Labelux had bought Jimmy Choo for £500m. Four days later, Tommy Hilfiger became an investor and consultant. Both Slatkin, the founder of the fragrance company Slatkin & Co, and Cooper joined the company and started the move back to Britain.

Hmmmmm

OK - Some thoughts - based on experience

THE NO HOLDS BARRED WINNER IN KEEPING HOT SUN FROM BURNING YOU IS LEATHER.
Ventilated leather allows air through.
Mesh is fine Under arms and such - but across the shoulders and down the lateral parts of the back (where there's generally no back pad) - leather.

Back