Maybe you are right....

Jamie:

You may be right. '69 was a loooooong time ago. Many bikes (and wives) have slipped through my fingers (and wallet) since then. Some should have stayed and others, I'm glad they left (especially the wives).:D

Honestly, I can't remember if they were advertised as Marlon Brando copies. They look like the one he wore in the "Wild One". I remember that I paid somewhere around 80 bucks for each jacket and around 60 each for the drawers and I never thought they'd be around as long as they have, especially in the condition they are in (I wish I smelled as new as they do). The jackets still fit, albeit a little tight, the drawers, well, maybe in the future. The Brooks look more at home on the T100/sidecar than the R3 anyway. I'm considering a leather beanie and aviator goggles to complete the vintage look.

I bought the jackets and drawers at a bike shop on the east side of Cleveland, Ohio sometime in '69 to go with my '68 T120 Bonneville. I remember exactly what I paid for the Bonnie, $1325.00, tax, title and setup. I still have the bill of sale in the Meriden Workshop Manual. In late '69 I also bought a '68 Norton P11A Scrambler. It was $300 bucks or so more which I thought was a little high. After that I had a string of non-descriptive bikes until the New Bonnie in 2003 and now the R3. Being young and stupid I'd never guessed that the Meriden and especially Norton would become so collectible. P11's are extremely rare and worth a ton.

The Brooks leathers outlasted them all. That's a testament to fine American craftsmanship, something this country lost years ago. Of course they (Brooks) aren't Water Buffalo hide or Kangaroo hide, they are good quality Top Grain Leather. When I finally pass, I wonder if I can get "shown" in my Brooks leathers??

Since I own 2 sets, one set can go with me and the other set can go in the estate sale.:bch:

Triumph leather

I have a (like new) Triumph Rocket III leather with sholder,elbow armor size 44 for sale.
I'm trading the rocket in this spring...

Flip, they are very easy to zip and unzip as long as you are able to reach your lower back. Sometimes after a long ride that can be difficult. I had a coworker who took a bad spill on his HD this spring. He was wearing riding pants and jacket however he scooted on his back on the pavement for quite a ways and the jacket came up and he got road rash really bad on his back. To add insult to injury the EMT's cut the jacket off of him which was only a few weeks old. So I always like to zip in when I can.

Rocketman- How much $$$?

And yes Flip I am a new dad, a boy, nine pounder, we just got home yesterday.:)

Last edited:
A good reason to steal a thread!!!

Congrats PigMan!!! Sounds like he is full grown! My question is... How's grandpa doing :D??

Thanks, everyone is good he was born on 12/27/06. Tom, his grandpa is very proud also, but like his dad, scared of dirty diapers.

Sorry Bart for hi-jackin, but it was Flip's fault.:D

I would rather gut a deer than change again some of the blow out diapers my daughter had. Always smell a dirty diaper approaching and leave the area promptly.

Thanks for the link to the Scout jacket, that lookls like what I want. Now I need to save. I have ordered from CC several times and it is a good outfit.

In reply to the leather jacket. I have decided which one I want but am still saving up for it. The 'joe rocket' Blaster 3.0 is awesome, I spent about an hour in a bike shop one day trying on different ones. this Blaster 3.0 has many features that come stock with it Plus there are other products that can be zipped onto it as well. I was hoping for one for Christmas but instead my wife got a new suv. But I did get a motorcycle lift, so I'm happy.

Back