Klim Badlands Pro Jacket

How many does he set light to? - Yes it's spectacular - but it all wears a bit thin after a bit.
I swear by Klim though I always buy the less expensive styles, and on sale, if only by a bit! Two true stories: In Alaska 2 summers ago I met a guy from New York who had ridden his BMW all the way from his home in his brand new, latest edition 4 season jacket and pants from Klim. He said he had never been more comfortable, could easily change the setup depending on the temp and conditions, and had ridden in biblical rain without feeling a drop inside (no external rain gear). He had paid $1700 for the gear (OUCH!). In Panama last winter I met a British couple who were riding their sidecar unit around the world. We had met in a Santiago, Panama hotel where we were both escaping the torrential rain for the night. Weird to look at their unit because the hack was on the ‘wrong’ side for the America’s! His wife had bought a new expensive Klim jacket before they’d left England but early on she was getting water inside. From North America, they called back to England to the dealer they’d purchased it from and he said he’d contact Klim to see what they could do. The short of it was Klim asked them their projected itinerary and sent her a new jacket at zero cost to them and I don’t think they had to return the other jacket. I guess that’s partly what you pay for when you open the wallet for premium gear!

Never thought much about it but when I went down with a textile jacket it looked like the shoulder that touched the pavement exploded off my shoulder. When I started asking questions I discovered that racers all wear leather. Leather allows you to slide, while a textile jacket makes you roll. Even though the textile jacket protected me , I wear leather , mostly.

"Leather allows you to slide, while a textile jacket makes you roll."
I just wonder what "science" this statement is based upon?

A textile sliding on pavement will be affected by friction heat more than leather and could congeal or fail in a very long (hi-speed) slide.
All things being equal, leather should have the advantage in a hi-speed (no poles, trees, guard rails, trucks or cages) track situation.
I like and still wear leather; however, for me when riding a long haul, the light weight, protective padded, way more comfort and ease of storing in a pannier outweighs the Kewlness of leather. :thumbsup:

Well they got my size in of the Klim Badlands pro jacket yesterday and I wore it around the store for about an hour...or so.
I have to admit, it looks heavy, it looks bulky but in reality it was very comfortable. Even more so when you used the built in kidney belt. The chest armour looks like it would feel uncomfortable but I have to say, I didn’t even realize it was there. I even liked the way it looked but the one part I’m having trouble with is the length of the back.

I hate it when they pidgin hole product...adv touring, sport touring.... cruiser. I think you can wear pretty much whatever you like. That said, the way this jacket is cut, it is meant for standing up. When you sit on the bike you end up sitting on the back of the jacket. If you push it out of the way so that your not sitting on the jacket it then bunches up and due to the stiffness of the coat and armour it pushes up on the back of the neck, bottom of the helmet.That is the only issue I could find with the jacket. Unfortunately it’s enough of an issue that I’m not willing to pay $1400cdn for. If the tail of the jacket was 3 or 4 inches shorter I think it would be one of those jackets that can do it all in all 4 seasons.

Back