Fails to start

I ride all year and have never had a bike battery last more than 2 years. Yausa batteries in the Harley seem to hold up rather well. Never used a tender but own one.

For the most part I ride a little over a Hundred miles a day daily. The winters here in Oklahoma are not that bad. A bit cold at times but not much snow. I am sure that when it gets down to the teens and twenties at times that a tender would not hurt. The tender is usually hooked up to the tractor. Should buy a second tender but i get lazy at times so that would more than likely be a waste of time. :(:(:(:(:(

BTW, which is the best/longest lasting battery for the Rocket 3, No accessories? I think mine might be asking for replacement. That's a big engine to crank, I don't think the bike can be push started and could fry the ECU during a jump start attempt. Better safe than stranded.

in order to push start u would need one big guy and at least 10 volts left in the bat to work ign ,fuel pump and injectors. i was coming down a mountain pulled in clutch turned ign off then turn ign on and it started wright up.
as for jumping i think that as long as u did not put the cables on backward and had the ign off before u hooked up cables u should be ok.
now if u turned on ign and started messing or short the positive to ground u might have some problems.also i was around to battery's that blew up due to sparks.wear glasses or turn away before contact.

Back