ksquared

"O Captain, My Captain"
Ride
2008 Red/Black R3T
Hello All.

My wife and I have been vacationing in Europe for the past two weeks. I have made an effort to visit a Triumph dealer in each country we have visited. I made it to a dealer in Paris and one in Florence. I have photos which I will post when I get home. We're now in Barcelona and I will be visiting a dealer here.

Interestingly, the dealers here don't have shirts or hats with their dealership names on them, as many do in the States. I did get a logo patch in Florence. One fun experience was that while in Paris, we came upon a small retail shop that was filled to the gills with Harley clothing, accessories and equipment (no bikes). However, the owner rode a mint T120 Bonneville!

The coolest thing that happened was that at a service plaza on the A1 road in Italy we encountered a Triumph Rat Pack from Rome returning from a three day rally. Mostly Street Triples, Speed Triples and Tigers, though I did see some Sprints and older rides. I didn't see a single Rocket anywhere in Europe, though when I told them I rode a Rocket there was considerable admiration expressed. I have some photos of them and their bikes which I will also post here.

It's been a lot of fun. I'll post a full report when we get home in a week or so.

I hope you are continuing to have a great trip. Your comment on the Harley shop reminded me of the one I visited in Gatlinburg....hats, shirts, jackets....but no Hogs on site.

Dennis

11 dtg KAF
16 dtg Dubai
17 dtg Home
38 dtg London

You may have not seen any over there but our esteemed member Jamie of Geneva, led the RIII owners group and they had a 40+ member ride where ever they went. As an honorary member in absentia, they are a great bunch. They expressed their condolences and wishes for a speedy recovery after my spill.

Back