Error Code P0122 - TPS

spb2002

.020 Over
Ride
2005 Triumph Rocket 3
Hi all. I'd previously posted that I was having trouble with warm starts. I reset my TPS with TuneECU and it seemed okay. Problem came back, so bought a new TPS. Unplugged old one, fitted new one, and now just getting the P0122 error code. Says short circuit to negative?
Any suggestions because I seem dead in the water here. Doesn't mater which way I rotate sensor, the voltage doesn't change

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240323_130516_TuneECU.jpg
    Screenshot_20240323_130516_TuneECU.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20240323_132529_TuneECU.jpg
    Screenshot_20240323_132529_TuneECU.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 8
I will throw a few things out there
I would check and make sure that you have the primary sensor because the secondary sensor is ass backwards (is the wires on th sensor the same length?
You might try to unplug the connector and read codes.
Sometimes (on cars) i have to do a three cycle on off ignition (like when you drop a harley to get it to start,) to get it to clear codes.
Is it a soft code or a hard code?
If it is a hard code then plug your old one in and see how it works
Hth. Herman

Okay, seems to have been a simple fix luckily. Short version is I plugged the TPS Sensor in and tested it without it being inserted into the throttle body. I put a screwdriver into the Sensor and twisted it, then let it spring back, and hey presto the Sensor was reading in the 0.6 range, so plugged it in and it was all plainsailing after that.
Big thanks to R-III-R Turbo's YouTube videos for giving me the idea, and thanks for replying Turbo, much appreciated!

Back