TPS or stepper

Hi. I have received the Lonelec cable now. Could you E mail me that package for the laptop please
Thanks
Sure, what's you email address? (Best PM it to avoid bots picking it up)

Or you can follow the link below in my signature

Top secret, we very seldom get the solution posted 😬 you know R-111-R had no problem diagnosing that. Might not know what it was but id bet its fixed if Turbo was helping. Hence no update, simple fix not even an after thought. Humble and Helpful R-111-R is the real deal!

An ISCV reset seemed to sort
What did you do to fix the issue, id like to know. Thanks

An ISCV reset seemed to have sorted it and a throttle balance for good measure.
Primary TPS was planned to be replaced too, as the reset will only do so much if the TPS is kaput, and on an 05, likely it is at this point. Haven't had an update since though if there was any more news

An ISCV reset seemed to sort

An ISCV reset seemed to have sorted it and a throttle balance for good measure.
Primary TPS was planned to be replaced too, as the reset will only do so much if the TPS is kaput, and on an 05, likely it is at this point. Haven't had an update since though if there was any more news
Got ya. Mine is a 2011 and once I changed to a different tune all the tunes seem to start ok and idle fine. When you reload a new map does that reset all the sensors including tps and iscv? Basically should I try reloading that map and see if it sorted itself out? I'd like to use the dyno tune it had, rather than the other plug and play maps.

Loading another map does not impact the TPS/ISCV as this is a calibration of the sensor position vs the mechanical throttle. Whereas the map is a set of tables dictating what fuel and ignition timing to use at various throttle positions etc.
E.g. setting the TPS just gives the ECU accurate reading of what position the throttle is in, so it can fuel and ignite accordingly and consistently.
If the TPS is going faulty then the ECU may be seeing 20% now and 30% a moment later, even though the actual throttle is held static at 10%. And of course the ECU will fuel and ignite differently at 20 and 30%, than what is required to run well at 10%, hence the rough running one experiences when TPS is faulty and or incorrectly set.

However a different map could run better or worse than old map at idle for example as the values in the L and I tables at that rpm and throttle position/MAP value may be different.

Loading another map does not impact the TPS/ISCV as this is a calibration of the sensor position vs the mechanical throttle. Whereas the map is a set of tables dictating what fuel and ignition timing to use at various throttle positions etc.
E.g. setting the TPS just gives the ECU accurate reading of what position the throttle is in, so it can fuel and ignite accordingly and consistently.
If the TPS is going faulty then the ECU may be seeing 20% now and 30% a moment later, even though the actual throttle is held static at 10%. And of course the ECU will fuel and ignite differently at 20 and 30%, than what is required to run well at 10%, hence the rough running one experiences when TPS is faulty and or incorrectly set.

However a different map could run better or worse than old map at idle for example as the values in the L and I tables at that rpm and throttle position/MAP value may be different.
So the map from the dyno tune is the only one that has a poor idle upon cold start. If I hold throttle and it warms up, the idle works itself out. If I posted the map from the dyno would anyone be willing or able to adjust it and send it back? You may be able to see exactly where the issue is, myself on the otherhand feel like I'm looking at hieroglyphics lol. Basically the map was great, but cold starts it just would want to stall out until warm, and I had a lot of decel popping with closed throttle.

Attachments

• 20355 dyno 1.hex
    282.3 KB · Views: 10
In order to correct any map you need to have it in the bike and the bike on the dyno or at least a road with some mobile instrumentation.
At a glance, that map seems weird, all ignition tables are the same, usually the N (neutral) table will be different at least if not all 4 of them.
Did someone create that map with your bike on a dyno?
What mods have you got?

Back