Engine cut out now possible rough running 2010 Roadster

That is a good idea, I was wondering if when I had the tank up some crud had found its way into the fuel lines but then I also figured if it had the bike wouldn't run - it's only done 6,600 miles so unlikely to be either crud in the tank or the filter.
Thinking about the cables - I think that may be a red herring too as all that happened was I changed the angle of the bars rather than moved / re-routed them.
Maybe I'm just being paranoid but having ridden 2 strokes in my youth....nothing good comes from an unexpectedly stalled engine, unless you're out of fuel that is!
While your checking each plug, take a pair of needle nose pliers and crimp the low tension leads on the coils they get loose and cause gremlin misfires.
low tension leads.jpg

The lubricat the stepper motor. You can pull the boot down easily on it. Use wd40, or some type of crc spry lubricant.
23528.jpeg

Clean and lubricate all the spring and linkages in front and between the throttle bodies with same spray. Once you get her back together and get a cable we'll link up run a couple quick test . The we will do a ISCV CHECK/RESET, clear the ecu's adaptive parameters and see what you have. While you're waiting on the cable clean the battery leads especially down by the starter. NOTE I did not say check the leads !!!!!

:D

Have a great day!!!

While your checking each plug, take a pair of needle nose pliers and crimp the low tension leads on the coils they get loose and cause gremlin misfires.
low tension leads.jpg

The lubricat the stepper motor. You can pull the boot down easily on it. Use wd40, or some type of crc spry lubricant.
23528.jpeg

Clean and lubricate all the spring and linkages in front and between the throttle bodies with same spray. Once you get her back together and get a cable we'll link up run a couple quick test . The we will do a ISCV CHECK/RESET, clear the ecu's adaptive parameters and see what you have. While you're waiting on the cable clean the battery leads especially down by the starter. NOTE I did not say check the leads !!!!!

:D

Have a great day!!!
I've been away for Easter and have a full tank (why aren't thinkgs like in the good old days when plugs were easy to get at??) so will have a crack at this when I can. I do think I was being paranoid but will definitely get around to this maintenance when I can as it although things are generally more reliable now (than in the good old days) when they go wrong they wrong for weird & wonderful reasons.
Many thanks again...!

Back