electrcal problems?

Bigfoot

.060 Over
Ride
2006 Rocket Classic, 2007 Rocket
Greetings all its been a while since ive been on here I would love to say I was riding my ass off but after not working for two years I am finally working my ass off. But heres the problem upon turning the key on the bike (2006 Classic) the self check that it used to do, does not happen until after it starts, that is no lights or spinning tach needle etc.no fuses blown etc also the speedometer does not work and the odometer keeps track of the overall miles but the two trip settings resets to zero eveytime I start it. any suggestions or tests I need to do to find the cause? Thanks

That is a tough question. If the bike has been sitting to 2 years with your close proximity to the ocean and high humidity in the area, I would check the electrical connectors for corrosion. Also check all the grounds for corrosion as well.

Glad you are up and riding again. Check the fuses as well, including their contact with the fuse holder. It would be worth removing each fuse (one at a time) and cleaning the contact legs with a bit of emery paper.

+1

ok to clear up the misunderstanding I have not been down for 2 years but just out of work the bike has not been sitting I have just not been riding as much as I would have liked to.But thanks for you good thoughts anyway

Back