So as an example...the '09 I looked at is in great shape with 8,900 miles and the tall sissy bar mounted but otherwise stock with no big mods done that I could tell. What would be a reasonable sale price in Oz for a similar bike?

Should get between $15,000 to $17,000 going by the prices on Bikesales.com. Have a look on the website mate. Tradingpost.com is another site. I can give you the name of a recommended US transporter and a Shipping Agent if you think you want to look into it any further. Sure they will be able to give you more exact numbers on incurred costs.

Dude...at those prices I could buy a brand new bike, trick it out, ride RDU and still recover my investment. I may even be able to buy a good used bike, send it to Carpenter, ride RDU and still make a profit :D:D. Of course all of that would require the collaboration of a willing native in the host country ;). Send me the any info you have on the transporter and shipping agent...I'm liking this idea more all the time.

Dude...at those prices I could buy a brand new bike, trick it out, ride RDU and still recover my investment. I may even be able to buy a good used bike, send it to Carpenter, ride RDU and still make a profit :D:D. Of course all of that would require the collaboration of a willing native in the host country ;). Send me the any info you have on the transporter and shipping agent...I'm liking this idea more all the time.

PM sent mate .. should any other overseas Owners want to flood our market with cheap imported overseas bikes , therefore devaluing our rides .. let me know :eek:

I reckon get a group of Aussies to go to the US buy a R3 each, ride it around the USA then fill that shipping container up with all sorts of bikes etc ship it all back to Oz and sell them, would pay or trip I reckon.....:D

I reckon get a group of Aussies to go to the US buy a R3 each, ride it around the USA then fill that shipping container up with all sorts of bikes etc ship it all back to Oz and sell them, would pay or trip I reckon.....:D

You guys decide to do that you got free room and board in Texas and a riding partner too!!

Also I think beyond my budget....:eek::(
Mittzy, that is why i'm not coming to RDU, spent all my budgeted money on doctors last week.
I extended an invitation to a few Aussie frends last year and i am extending it to you also,if you want to come to an RAA or just to visit all you have to do is get here, you will have a room to stay, a bike to ride and beans to eat:D,
I know it would be really expensive to do it otherways.
The Aussie friends were going to do the same for me before the change of plans but i'm not losing hope just yet:)

Back