STRIPES

\\\STRIPES/// going to the HD shop.
Ride
06 R3 Std
Hey you guys looking for a deal. The one listed on Ebay is worth looking closely. I would've bought it if I hadn't already bought the Roadster. It has had the factory upgrade. Well worth the buy it now price. See Triumph : Rocket III 2006 Triumph Rocket lll only 5162 miles posted here on the Ebay listings. I'd love to have it but momma would freak if I owned 3.

BTW Any quick takers on my 2011 Roadster for $10K? 12K miles. I'd much rather have the 06 standard.

That has to be about the best deal I've seen on one. I'd love to have it too but I don't think I could ride it home from CA in my semi-delicate condition :mad:

I could always just have it shipped to Carpenter...........

We must be getting more popular...they sem to be popping up pretty regular

Heartbreaking to see what you guys can buy Rockets for .. fair dinkum i'd have two or three if I was over there. Some of the deals are just about irresistible !!!

Heartbreaking to see what you guys can buy Rockets for .. fair dinkum i'd have two or three if I was over there. Some of the deals are just about irresistible !!!

Yeah...been thinking about the '09 at the dealership...I may go in and offer them a price that would be a steal and see if they will bite

Yeah...been thinking about the '09 at the dealership...I may go in and offer them a price that would be a steal and see if they will bite

Can't hurt to make an offer .. if the compliancing wasn't such drama it would be worth importing them. Dollar to be made on some of them that's for sure. Post 1988 bikes are a nightmare and expensive to comply here in Australia.

Can't hurt to make an offer .. if the compliancing wasn't such drama it would be worth importing them. Dollar to be made on some of them that's for sure. Post 1988 bikes are a nightmare and expensive to comply here in Australia.

So whats involved and how much do you reckon it would cost? Could the work be done over here prior to shipping there?

I'm thinking this may be a way to get a ride downunder for RDU next year. Buy a used rocket here, do the compliance stuff, ship it over and sell it when I leave. Good idea or no?

Mechanically it's lights , indicators and new tyres .. got from $500 to $1,000 for shipping. $400 for cleaning and then you've got the Import Agents fees and whatever import duty the Government adds .. dependant on cost of the machine from what I've heard. Best way is to fill a half container with bikes. None of those can be done in the US as far as I know mate.

Back