Easy Brackets with Triumph OEM saddlebags and brackets

I'm trying to avoid the whole - make a plate and just attach to the bag and instead - mount the frame for the saddle bags themselves onto the easy bracket.

The OEM bags has a support frame that keeps them from sagging and helps support the weight of the load. Just wanting to attach that to the easy bracket instead of the bags themselves

Just got a set of easy brackets, after using them on the StreetBlob for a few years, totally forgot about the lugs on the back of the saddlebag frame!!!
Thinking about slotting the lugs on the frame into the easy, just below where they should mount, making a small bracket for the front one and clamping the rear using the frame upright, then making spacers for the bottom holes!
if that makes any kinda sense!

I'm trying to avoid the whole - make a plate and just attach to the bag and instead - mount the frame for the saddle bags themselves onto the easy bracket.
The OEM bags has a support frame that keeps them from sagging and helps support the weight of the load. Just wanting to attach that to the easy bracket instead of the bags themselves

Please understand that the supporting plates are not 100% necessary, especially if your bags have adequate support.
I used the plates because my bags are imitation leather and tended to tip inwards a little bit.
It was completely for visual purposes.

Back