Easy Brackets with Triumph OEM saddlebags and brackets

cadconversions

Sr. Pastor, iLive Church
Ride
2012 R3R
I just purchased some decked out OEM Triumph Saddlebags for my Rocket3 with custom rain covers, and all of the bling options added. Of course, the bling requires the metal frame supports behind the bags that bolt to the frames.

The problem is - I'm using the removable backrest mod from @Mittzy and want to use an Easy Bracket with the stock saddlebags so they are removable.

Really don't want to just mount the easy bracket to leather saddle bags and lose all of the other. Any options? Need to do something quick before my trip a week from today.

No advice on the easy brackets??? I would love to use the Triumph saddle bag supports and embellishments with the easy bracket setup. Thanks!

No advice on the easy brackets??? I would love to use the Triumph saddle bag supports and embellishments with the easy bracket setup. Thanks!
Sounds like you will have to do or get some cutting and welding done to mount the easy bracket to the Triumph frame, it's something I have been thinking about doing for quite some time but haven't got around to it !!!

Easy Brackets are GREAT!!!
I have used them for 11 years on one motor and 3 years on my 2012 R3R.
I have made a couple plates out of .125 aluminum sheet that fit the inside shape of my bags for reinforcement.
They are solid and can carry the weight of whatever fits inside. My bags are 21½" long x 12" tall and 9" wide.

Just installed easy brackets this past weekend (well an hour of it anyway)... The kit comes with two different lengths of bolts and two spacer widths to choose from so should be no problem with your current accessories mounted to the fender/frame. As far as the bags, drilling a couple of holes for the bracket and viola.... Done. I would recommend the addition of some sort of plate as mentioned by 1olbull for added strength but otherwise it should work great for you.

I'm trying to avoid the whole - make a plate and just attach to the bag and instead - mount the frame for the saddle bags themselves onto the easy bracket.

The OEM bags has a support frame that keeps them from sagging and helps support the weight of the load. Just wanting to attach that to the easy bracket instead of the bags themselves

I'm trying to avoid the whole - make a plate and just attach to the bag and instead - mount the frame for the saddle bags themselves onto the easy bracket.

The OEM bags has a support frame that keeps them from sagging and helps support the weight of the load. Just wanting to attach that to the easy bracket instead of the bags themselves
I have Viking bags that have a hard plastic lining to keep it from sagging. I have the EZ-Brackets mounted directly to them with no issues. They are the XXL bags and I've loaded them down quite a few times, and it supports just fine. I doubt you'd have any issues.

you could always cut the spacers from the back of the bag support frames and have a flat plate the size of the area of the easy brackets made then just bolt the easy brackets to the plates.
You would then have still kept the frames with bling attached and kept the excess width down as much as possible, I have tried the other method some have suggested (but ended up going back to the full std fitment) and while strong and safe, I like you, like the bling and considering doing this myself so am planing on picking up another set of support frames to experiment with

you could always cut the spacers from the back of the bag support frames and have a flat plate the size of the area of the easy brackets made then just bolt the easy brackets to the plates.
You would then have still kept the frames with bling attached and kept the excess width down as much as possible, I have tried the other method some have suggested (but ended up going back to the full std fitment) and while strong and safe, I like you, like the bling and considering doing this myself so am planing on picking up another set of support frames to experiment with

There's a pair in the for sale for $60 I think

Back